Windows 10 Calendar. No Tasks?

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand. Even in Win 8.1 the cheesy calendar does not have tasks but Outlook.com does.

Does Windows 10 Calendar have provisions for to-do's/tasks?

Synching calendars/tasks between my PC and Phone is a nightmare. Only Outlook 2013 works and that's pretty much overkill for me.

I truly miss this from my iOS days. :(

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Task syncing to phones went away with Outlook 2010 when it was still Windows Mobile. You may find a 3rd party solution but I'm not aware of any.

Francesco Cristelli

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, actually in the calendar app for wp 8.1 there is the task support: you can find it in the bottom men?.

I'm more interesting in if Windows 10 calendar app still has the support

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Outlook Notes, stored on my Exchange Server are a similar situation. For phone, there's NoteLook, an occasionally reliable single-purpose app with a yearly license renewal payment requirement (not super-expensive). I would like to see Tasks and Notes natively in the touch apps but I expect MS wants everyone to migrate to OneNote.

evdel

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I used the tasks in windows 8.1 (mobile) on a daily basis. They seem missing in windows 10 mobile. Very strange.
Bring this feature back, its very important!
:unhappy:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I used the tasks in windows 8.1 (mobile) on a daily basis. They seem missing in windows 10 mobile. Very strange.
Bring this feature back, its very important!
:unhappy:

what do you mean? It works perfect, you can choose daily, weekly, or monthly. Live tile goes on day by day

Mark Wiese

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Let's be clear, Appointments are not the same thing as Tasks.

Tasks are more like a to-do or reminder, whereas an Appointment has a particular start and finish time.

Both Tasks, and Appointments, can have associated Reminders (this is when your apps actually alert you about the Task/Appointment)

The problem with Windows 10 Mobile is that there is no native support for Tasks. This is a major problem for me as I rely heavily on Tasks and their associated reminders. Sure, I can set up reminders in Cortana too, but these aren't as powerful as tasks, and don't sync with Outlook, so this means having to manually create reminders in Cortana for all of my Outlook Tasks and their associated reminders.

Third party solution is the only option at this stage. I'm going to check out AkrutoSync.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, Tasks were available in WP8.1, but not in Windows 10. The Calendar app, while being labeled Outlook, is actually a port from an iOS product that was bought out by Microsoft. Same with the mail app.

Microsoft also bought out Wunderlist, and there was a rumor that the Task functionality of Wunderlist was to be brought into Outlook, though I'm not sure if that will actually happen. It was a rumor.

The to-do list for me, in Windows Phone 8.1 was not easy to use, and I ended up using a 3rd party alternative anyway. Wunderlist worked great for me then, syncing to my PC, laptop, phone, and I could easily share specific lists with others to get more done.

I'd like to see some integration between Wunderlist and my Agenda view in the calendar, at least, but I'd have to have some serious control over which lists would actually show, as I don't want them all in there. My tasks lists are simply too large to be managed inside a calendar. I just need a dedicated app for that. Calendars are great for appointments. When you've got a lot of tasks, it's better to have a good dedicated app for that, and, if you've got to do a lot of complicated scheduling, then you need a project management system.

That's my opinion. It won't buy you a cup of coffee, but it's better than a finger in the eye, ain't it?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It's a pity. In Outlook (desktop), I set deadlines to some mails, or create proper tasks. I can see them on my office iPhone (natively), on on WP8.1, not (yet) on W10M :/

For a platform allegedly built to "do great things" and "be productive like a boss", something is missing. Because Cortana can't be the solution (for personal tasks, I use Cortana), and also because for many things on W10M, if you don't do them instantly, you can forget them.

For instance, don't answer to a meeting request, and then you don't have a list of pending meeting request (very visible on iOS).

By removing tasks, Microsoft are really missing something in terms of productivity. I hope this comes back. As an integrated solution, I mean, I want to be able to sync task+calendar+mail from my Desktop outlook with my 950 in a snap, not by using 3 different apps/clouds.

Raf996

May 2, 2016
Visit site
It's a pity. In Outlook (desktop), I set deadlines to some mails, or create proper tasks. I can see them on my office iPhone (natively), on on WP8.1, not (yet) on W10M :/

For a platform allegedly built to "do great things" and "be productive like a boss", something is missing. Because Cortana can't be the solution (for personal tasks, I use Cortana), and also because for many things on W10M, if you don't do them instantly, you can forget them.

For instance, don't answer to a meeting request, and then you don't have a list of pending meeting request (very visible on iOS).

By removing tasks, Microsoft are really missing something in terms of productivity. I hope this comes back. As an integrated solution, I mean, I want to be able to sync task+calendar+mail from my Desktop outlook with my 950 in a snap, not by using 3 different apps/clouds.

Hi, has this changed since December? I really need those tasks in my phone.

Jim McNelis

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I found this frustrating as well. I've looked at third party apps and found that my fav was TASKS. It syncs with Outlook (and Outlook.com) which was high on my list (no pun intended). I tried Wunderlist and several others; they're all good in their own way, but syncing to Outlook was a must and TASKS does the trick.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something in the original question, but I've been able to get Tasks/Reminders to show up in the Outlook calendar on my phone. Once I open the calendar, I click the hamburger menu in the top left corner, check the box labeled as above and set the color. Then I close the app, reopen it, and the tasks are there.
It may not matter, but I did 'add' them to the Outlook calendar on my PC as well. Now, no matter which device I use to add the Task, it syncs with the phone and the PC.

Denisvt

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
recup tasks from wp8.1

How the find tasks back in wp10. There are some important tasks I want to recuperate. Is this possible?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion