How can I get WhatsApp working in W10 TP on Lumia 920?

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp in W10 TP on Lumia 920

WhatsApp is not working properly in W10 TP in L920.

The account status always remains unknown; and sometime it shows 'check internet connection' though wifi is on & other apps including FB & internet explorer works fine with the internet connection.

Will uninstalling & reinstalling the app erase my chats?

Any possible solution guys?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: WhatsApp in W10 TP on Lumia 920

WhatsApp is not working properly in W10 TP in L920.

The account status always remains unknown; and sometime it shows 'check internet connection' though wifi is on & other apps including FB & internet explorer works fine with the internet connection.

Will uninstalling & reinstalling the app erase my chats?

Any possible solution guys?

to get better stability and performance i advise you to rollback to win 8.1 as you are currently running win 10tp which we all know is still in early beta and full of bugs. reinstalling the application might/might not solve the problem. good day

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the tip. I can live with the bugs. Can you confirm if re-installing whatsapp would erase the chats? I did do a backup within the app just after the TP update 1. But after update 2, it keeps showing it's "offline" though wifi was working fine.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the tip. I can live with the bugs. Can you confirm if re-installing whatsapp would erase the chats? I did do a backup within the app just after the TP update 1. But after update 2, it keeps showing it's "offline" though wifi was working fine.
You will lost all chat history even if you did a backup within the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills