After upgrading to Win 10, why is my phone very slow?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

after upgrading to win 10 my phone is very slow

i have upgraded to my lumia 720 to windows 10 but its performing very slow hangs every now and then.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Depends what you want and what you can tolerate.
Do you want W104PTP to be able to run "clean"? Or do you want it to be bogged down by (years of?) irrelevant data, settings and history? Some of which it probably can't interpret correctly anyway (hence the errors and lag).
I know where my data is and how well backed up it is (in fact, I was thinking about it last night and I'm gonna re-do some elements as my data's just too backed-up). If you're happy blowing away what's on the handset by hard resetting and not restoring from a backup, you'll get a better feel of where W104PTP is at. Rather than where the upgrade process is at.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Depends what you want and what you can tolerate.
Do you want W104PTP to be able to run "clean"? Or do you want it to be bogged down by (years of?) irrelevant data, settings and history? Some of which it probably can't interpret correctly anyway (hence the errors and lag).
I know where my data is and how well backed up it is (in fact, I was thinking about it last night and I'm gonna re-do some elements as my data's just too backed-up). If you're happy blowing away what's on the handset by hard resetting and not restoring from a backup, you'll get a better feel of where W104PTP is at. Rather than where the upgrade process is at.

So...if I made hard reset and did not restore any backup then does it will solve my data connection issue?

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Depends what your data connection issue is.
If it's the toggle not working, then no, it won't fix it - that's a function that doesn't work in current build.
Mine phone's data is always turned on I cant turn it off...also the flight mode is not workingDoes hard reset without restoring back up...will fix the issues

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Nope. Those functions don't work correctly in this build.
In some of the forum discussions, I think there's some talk of setting up dummy APN, might be worth a read through.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes