Essential Bluetooth sharing feature required!

cyborgnish

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
It must show Bluetooth sharing option always, i.e. even if Bluetooth is switched off. And prompt to switch it on when selected. I miss this feature from my Symbian phone and it is really annoying not being able to share anything by Bluetooth without spending time finding this setting and turning it on with a dozen more clicks. It ruins the fun of quick sharing.

Please vote for this idea on uservoice if you support it and want this to be implemented.

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...t-to-turn-on-bluetooth-and-show-bluetooth-sha

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Blue tooth quick toggle can easily be switched on at anytime by a single press as long as u put it on notification center. Besides almost all files got a share option under which share via blue tooth is available.

In WP 8.0 days yes it was painful but since 8.1 its as simple as a single touch.

cyborgnish

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
right it is just a touch to turn on, but still we are required to turn it on before it shows in sharing menu. It is annoying trying to share something via bluetooth and not finding it under sharing menu at first, then turning it on and only then it shows. It is like a hindrance to productivity.

Life would be much simpler if it shows always (even when bluetooth is switched off) and just prompts to turn on when someone selects it while bluetooth is switched off.

Come on even symbian and android have this simple time saving feature!

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
OK, so ur saying share via bluetooth should be present when trying to send files even its turned off and prompt to turn on?
Its actually supported by many third party apps like when u try to send videos on Quick Play.
But core system like gallery are not supporting that.
In my mind that option along with an auto turn on of Bluetooth when u do press share via Bluetooth is really what's needed to make life easier :)

cyborgnish

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
It should be implemented in OS. Although it is present in quickplay but it is useless coz if the bluetooth is switched off it just displays a message that it is off instead of prompting to turn it on via a system dialogue!

Unless microsoft implements this "switch" in OS to allow a developer to turn on bluetooth via a system dialogue, it is useless to implement in apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea