Is it worth it to install W10 for phones 10080 preview?

AquaWarrior13

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I want to install 10080 and try W10 for the first time on Lumia 520, but I fear that it will be a bad choice. So what do you think should I or not?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am a firm believer that if you have to ask if you should, you probably shouldn't. The W10 preview is designed to discover problems and shortcomings in the OS. It is NOT designed for everyday use. So if you install, you will absolutely have some kind of quirk, fault, inoperable function, or some interface glitch. It is to be expected.

I, personally, never install previews. I wait for official updates as I am not a "techie" who loves to tinker. I want my phone to work.

Do you like to tinker? Investigate? Interact with others as far as IT style problem solving? If so, than maybe the preview is for you. If not, stick with WP 8.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you plan on actually use it as a smartphone, forget it. This build is still a very early Beta and everything has noticeable bugs and shortcomings.
I was actually asked in the Feedback app today how likely I was to recommend this current build to people... I literally laughed out loud at that. Haha. I wouldn't recommend the current W10M to anyone as an actual phone to use.

Raj Poladia

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If you plan on actually use it as a smartphone, forget it. This build is still a very early Beta and everything has noticeable bugs and shortcomings.
I was actually asked in the Feedback app today how likely I was to recommend this current build to people... I literally laughed out loud at that. Haha. I wouldn't recommend the current W10M to anyone as an actual phone to use.
Same here. Though this build I'd like but stable than the earlier one but people can't use it they can just test it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes