My experience with 10080 on my AT&T 1520

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
  • Summary -- It is simply not good enough even for technical preview purpose

1. Touch stops responding 4-6 times a day. When it happens, you cannot make or receive phone calls. One has to press volume down and power button to power off. It is a bad experience.
  2. App search does not work. If you press the letter, it does to the section. If you search like typing "map", you cannot find app Maps.
  3. App folder cannot be resized.
  4. OS is extremely slow and lagging
  5. Outlook mail client is bad. Microsoft wants to convince developers that it is easy to convert android or IOS apps to windows mobile app. There is working outlook app for ios and android. Please show us it is easy to convert by making a working outlook e-mail app.
    • After starting the client and using for awhile, cannot switch between inboxes between different e-mail accounts.
    • There is no single inbox for all accounts.
    • Notification does not work
    • Font is not adjustable.
  6. Phone dial pad sound is annoying. Only way to turn it off is to turn off ringer and notification sound.
  7. Apps on start screen can randomly position them self (rare, but happens)
  8. The background picture is always misaligned (2/3 picture,1/3 dark)
  9. Wifi is slow.

Last edited:

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My biggest complaint using 1520 and windows 10 is battery life. It's very short on this build. Also, background issues and hotspot not working finally did me in.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hopefully each succeeding build will improve on the build quality and by RTM it will be working fantastically

theolympusguy

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Honestly I am happy with the build. As long as it continues to be more stable and run better, I am good. My battery was taken off the charger about 12 hours ago and I am at 70%. When I upgraded to the new build originally it was real bad but a system reset fixed it.

Sathanous

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the above problems and I can't shut off the phone without it coming back on into the loading loop. I've had to hard reset and wipe 3 times, about to do a fourth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examking010