Did 10080 suddenly blow up for you yesterday (6/15/15)

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Several people in another thread have mentioned that 10080 suddenly took a dive on them yesterday. It went from working, well, I won't say well but acceptably, to being virtually unusuable. It struck me as odd that several other people also mentioned similar issues starting yesterday. I tweeted @GabeAul about it and he said they would look into it but I thought if we gather some of the reports here it might help.

For me:
  • lockscreen nonresponsive much more common.
  • Could not send/receive messages.
  • Could not open messaging app, shows it's opening but screen stays black. If you use the task switcher to close it out, it stays on the screen but eventually loads the start screen. If you don't try to close it out it also eventually just crashes back to start.
  • Frequent spontaneous reboots.
  • Power/volume keys would get unresponsive. Holding power or power/vol dn would still restart the phone but I couldn't wake it.
  • Possibly related since someone mentioned removing their SD card seemed to help, my phone never once came up with a message about needing to scan the SD card for problems. Typically when I had to do soft resets in the past it would give that error every so often.
  • Several other apps would fail to launch (e.g. the Store) even if they were working previously
  • wifi was disabled and i could not reenable it. The toggle was grayed out and gave an error if I tried anyways.
  • Data didn't work in all apps. Browsers both showed a network error, Readit and WinCentral apps seemed to have no data connection. Background tasks seemed like maybe they did at one point because I thought I heard a notification from WC
  • Push notifications seemed to work (I got notifications from FB at one point)

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me. Same exact thing (1520). It was so bad that I did a reset today (from settings). Phone is working fine now.

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah my 830 suddenly went to crap yesterday after no issues or quite some time. Everything you guys described so I had to hard reset.

Glenn Ruysschaert

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I was the one mentioning the SD card 'fix'. Maybe the phone stored some data there that got corrupted on that date or a certificate became invalid on that date. Removing the SD card would get rid of the corrupt data or renew the certificate.
Anyway, I went back to 8.1 and upgraded to the new build and all is fine now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2