Hey Cortana build 10136

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if I should post here or in Cortana lounge...feel free to move.
My question is- what am i doing wrong that the training app won't recognize my voice to get "hey Cortana". Cortana works...i can speak to her,she hears me and speaks back - set reminders , do a search, send text /email etc. If I go to set up hey cortana, the training app will not recognize my voice. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I used this feature frequently in 8.1 and really miss it. Thanks! Edit...using a 930 on build 10136

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The w10m has been kind of iffy when it comes to voice commands... but I don't own a 930 (yet lol) so I hope someone with a 930 chimes in. (very interested in the answers)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The w10m has been kind of iffy when it comes to voice commands... but I don't own a 930 (yet lol) so I hope someone with a 930 chimes in. (very interested in the answers)

Thanks ven. It's not a deal breaker for me but I sure miss the feature. Was kind of addicted to "hey Cortana". I suspect it's just one of those things that has to get ironed out. Never hurts to ask though.:)

M Mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
It works on both 930 and 1520, although it's bit easier to go thru learning procedure on 1520.
Try saying "hey Cortana" instead of "hey, Cortana", try different pitch of your voice and accent.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I have no personal experience with this, since I've only got 10136 on my L830 which doesn't support "Hey Cortana".

What I can tell you is that "always-on listening" (Hey Cortana), has absolutely nothing to do with WP's personal assistant and voice recognition features (Cortana). The only way in which they are related is the name "Cortana". The former is implemented by the WP OS, Bing, and MS' back-end voice recognition technology, while the later is implemented almost entirely by Qualcomm without any of the previous mentioned components being involved.

I know this isn't what you were asking, but I just wanted to point out that one working as expected, doesn't necessarily mean the other should too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon