W10 BSOD: Can't revert to 8.1

HyMay

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

My 1020 is rebooting every 10-20 secs to the BSOD. I have tried to revert back to 8.1 using both the lumia and windows phone recovery tool, however, the tools are not "seeing" my phone when I have it plugged in (usb). Now my battery is pretty much dead and it is difficult to hold a charge because of the constant rebooting. Any suggestions?

James

HyMay

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Anytime the phone is receiving a charge the phone turns on...when the phone turns on it begins looping the reboot (therefore unable to hold a charge long enough to do anything). The only I can do is press the power button + volume down, but it goes back to looping the reboot back to the BSOD.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Anytime the phone is receiving a charge the phone turns on...when the phone turns on it begins looping the reboot (therefore unable to hold a charge long enough to do anything). The only I can do is press the power button + volume down, but it goes back to looping the reboot back to the BSOD.
I've been there with my L520. Here is how I got the WP recovery tool to flash it. Start WP recovery tool on your PC. Your phone should be off. When not plugged into anything I was able to turn my L520 off. Another way could be unplugging battery (not sure about your 1020). Then connect your phone with the PC. Click on "my phone was not detected", then click on Lumia. I had to do this a few times until the recovery tool picked up the phone while it was booting into it's loop. Try to reboot the phone while the WP recovery tool shows "Waiting for connection".
On my L520 it eventually started flashing with the crimson colored background.

good luck

HyMay

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been there with my L520. Here is how I got the WP recovery tool to flash it. Start WP recovery tool on your PC. Your phone should be off. When not plugged into anything I was able to turn my L520 off. Another way could be unplugging battery (not sure about your 1020). Then connect your phone with the PC. Click on "my phone was not detected", then click on Lumia. I had to do this a few times until the recovery tool picked up the phone while it was booting into it's loop. Try to reboot the phone while the WP recovery tool shows "Waiting for connection".
On my L520 it eventually started flashing with the crimson colored background.

good luck

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar