How do I set a lock screen password in Windows 10 phone like it was before in Windows 8.1?

Mureyx

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
How do i set lock screen password in windows 10 phone like it was before in windows 8.1

There are sign in options but cant seem to set a lock screen password.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do i set lock screen password in windows 10 phone like it was before in windows 8.1

It's best to use this build without a PIN. There is something wrong/buggy about pins.

Hang tight for the next build.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do i set lock screen password in windows 10 phone like it was before in windows 8.1

It's in the pins everything is just a little renamed. I used it for the first time yesterday no issues

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

It's in the pins everything is just a little renamed. I used it for the first time yesterday no issues

Yes the setting is there but Microsoft said there is a PIN bug. So I am recommending you not to try it...

However, if you must, .. settings>Personalizations>lockscreen>sign in options> underneath pin you would see ADD.

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Once added, is there a way to remove a pin password? I've tried resetting it, as well--no dice.

Ankit_lovable

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
yes i tried it...and it works
but hence i have a problem that i am unable to see the call duration in detail option.that is only showing the time ,out going call/incoming call thats it.

how to solve it please let me know

fiolmattias

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
yes i tried it...and it works
but hence i have a problem that i am unable to see the call duration in detail option.that is only showing the time ,out going call/incoming call thats it.
how to solve it please let me know
Hold down your finger on the call-ID and you will have "Information" as an option.

ghilli thiru

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

Yes the setting is there but Microsoft said there is a PIN bug. So I am recommending you not to try it...

However, if you must, .. settings>Personalizations>lockscreen>sign in options> underneath pin you would see ADD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes