SD card bug

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else seen this:
I recently swapped out my SD card for a new one because I was getting "scan and fix" messages with my other one. Bought a new Samsung one (recommended here at WC, thank you). It was fine until today when I re-booted the phone and when it came back up, the apps that were saved to the SD card were greyed out on the live tile and app list. When I tried to launch one, the message was essentially that the SD card could not be read, please re-insert it, and if I have already done so, wait while the apps are loaded. However, I could see the SD card via the Storage app, and see what was loaded on the card. Just couldn't launch anything!

It stayed like that through a couple of soft resets, then I just left it alone for a while and after an hour or so, I tried another re-boot everything was fine.
I haven't had a phone with expandable storage for years specifically because my old Android phone had similar issues and it drove me nutso. I really hope this is a bug with 10149...has anyone else seen this?

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I figured as much. I would switch everything to phone but I will be out of room soon... It's only intermittently happening, I guess I will just limp along until I bugs me enough to switch back to my 925 with 8.1 Thanks!

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else seen this:
I recently swapped out my SD card for a new one because I was getting "scan and fix" messages with my other one. Bought a new Samsung one (recommended here at WC, thank you). It was fine until today when I re-booted the phone and when it came back up, the apps that were saved to the SD card were greyed out on the live tile and app list. When I tried to launch one, the message was essentially that the SD card could not be read, please re-insert it, and if I have already done so, wait while the apps are loaded. However, I could see the SD card via the Storage app, and see what was loaded on the card. Just couldn't launch anything!

It stayed like that through a couple of soft resets, then I just left it alone for a while and after an hour or so, I tried another re-boot everything was fine.
I haven't had a phone with expandable storage for years specifically because my old Android phone had similar issues and it drove me nutso. I really hope this is a bug with 10149...has anyone else seen this?
Same happening with me... I had to format my sd card and download apps all over again. Let's see how long it holds up...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes