How do I turn off automatic updates on Windows 10 Mobile

edrichcyster

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
My phone is automatically downloading 10166 to my phone using my data connection, even though it says it won't download on a metered connection and incur charges. It has used hundreds of megs of data and I can't stop it. Please help

edrichcyster

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Bumping this thread. Does no one know how to do this? I still haven't found a menu option or way to stop this from updating on cellular and not only on Wi-Fi

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Bumping this thread. Does no one know how to do this? I still haven't found a menu option or way to stop this from updating on cellular and not only on Wi-Fi

you turn on battery saver, otherwise restrict background data in data sense. Solved.
but i have a question build 10166 approximately size 319MB. So which network you use(2G,3G)? To download the update without needed WiFi? Your Download started In Mobile network?

edrichcyster

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for replying. I used LTE and it download 400Mb, ran out of data, then used another 400Mb after I loaded more data. It started by itself while I was on mobile data. It seems to be stuck on 0% now after restarting. I will try your solution to stop it from downloading on mobile data. Thank you. hopefully I can get it to restart and complete without having to hard reset

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes