Why doesn't my phone pincode work anymore, unlock phone not possible?

JimPinkse

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Phone pincode does not work anymore, unlock phone not possible

working with the latest windows 10 updates (last update last Tuesday) on my smartphone this morning I'm not able to unlock my phone with pincode (NOT my sim pincode I can enter that one!).

'normally' after typing in my pincode without enter or hitting key the phone starts up.
This morning I can type in more than the normal 5 digits, no OK button or startup of phone functionality

Restart phone etc. Nothing seems to work.

How can I reset or startup phone?

Vara Prasad2

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone pincode does not work anymore, unlock phone not possible

Press and hold the Volume down Volume down button and Power Power button buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10?15 seconds).

When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down Volume down button button until you see a large exclamation mark.

Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up Volume up button, Volume down Volume down button, Power Power button, Volume down Volume down button. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

JimPinkse

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Vara,
you do type a couple of double buttons Volume down Volume down button..., how can I hold the same button twice?
And after 'following four buttons' you mention 7 buttons.

I tried a couple of time and now after the exclamation mark, only do your key instruction after 'following four buttons' once for every key and after restart and "install wheels" get in my smartphone screen the following :-(
(so ":" "-" and "(" aka a sad smiley)

What can I do next/now?

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:

JimPinkse

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Hello there,
After reinstalling 8.1 versions and 10 build 10240 this weekend....
Today again the same issue, is this a known bug?
Reset and reinstall now
Regards,
Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs