question: maps and and phone usuability

Kyzerdroid

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello
I have the lumia 640 running 8.1 update 2. I Am very happy with the Phone and its battery user. Only thing which I dislike is that you can not save the here maps to the sd card

My questions
Is the latest preview build ready for daily usage?
Can the offline maps be saved to the sd card again?
How is the battery life?

Thanks for your feedback

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Using W10M as the dailydriver on my 930 since build 512 so if you ask me, the naswer is yes...

Not having memory expansion slot on 930 so I can't answer on this, but I doubt....

How is the battery life?
It's different from device to device, some people are quite satisfied while other rolls back to 8.1 because of the poor battery performances...
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...latest-tp-build-result-surprisingly-good.html

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure SD card maps is still broken.

The preview is still a preview. Many are getting by with it, some people have... issues.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello
I have the lumia 640 running 8.1 update 2. I Am very happy with the Phone and its battery user. Only thing which I dislike is that you can not save the here maps to the sd card

My questions
How is the battery life?

Thanks for your feedback

From my reads each persons mileage will vary according to device etc. so no one can truthfully tell if it'll work for you, either you live on the edge and take the plunge or sit back and wait for the RTM build, in my opinion I'd wait.

Just recently installed W10M on my L830 (build 10536), first an upgrade and then fresh install, the later I had do because of a failed language install (I was like WHAAAT!!!), the upgrade seemed just OK but never got to use it long enough to really get to know it, the fresh install was dismally slow/laggy and decided to forgo setting up for personal use as it was just too painful, reverted back to my trusty L1020.

Kyzerdroid

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
alright, yesterday i accidentally pressed the update button
Windows 10 update went fine however it took along time
Then the latest build update and at some point the boot manager showed up asking me to insert the cd hmmm so I downloaded the recovery tool and went back to 8,1
I liked what I saw from win 10 but I will wait for the release thanks for the feedback
Hope they bring back maps to sd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire