Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile build 10549 its on available on fast ring

Yah I went to the lowest level on my 830 and it looks really nice. More tiles per screen, extra action bar item! Loving it!

I am not yet decided about it, I like more space, but font is really small on my 930...300% seem fine. But what I dont like about 300% that many apps, like calculator, take too much space, making them much better on 225%. Then again there are apps that look the same on 300 and 225, I guess it only works on universal apps?

Still long way to go with this feature, but its nice to see work in right direction.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This was my first attempt at the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview on my 920 from 8.1.
I started last night, let it run overnight sitting on the wireless charger.
This morning, I noticed my lock screen image had changed, which is a good sign since I use the Bing images as lock screens.
I swiped up to unlock, and get Loading...
I've been able to get into the Windows Feedback app, which says connect to internet.

While the phone says I'm on the Cell network I can't seem to get texts or data. I can receive calls. Edge crashes when I try to start it. I cannot turn on WiFi.

I'm going to Hard Reset now. We'll see what happens, but I was coming in as a 'regular' user, from WM 8.1. If this was the release build and not beta, I would probably complain. But I figured I'd have problems, so I simply want to offer my observations.

One problem is, I'm at work now, and I don't have WiFi I can connect to.

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

I got the same...Lumia Camera, Here Maps, etc were not available in the store....fixed with a hard reset with fresh start...no backup installation

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm done. Tired of this perpetual preview build. I'm back on 8.1 which at least mostly works. After I get my Band 2 will see how it performs with my 1520. If no good, switching to Nexus

You need to wait until it is released. People who expect no issues should not being going near the Windows Insider (test) software.

TheMurphy

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
The on/off button does not work. Im uninstalling right away.
- Lumia 920

EDIT: It's not that the button does not WORK. It can shut down my phone just fine and all, but it is not binded to turn the screen on and off.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Are you talking about "size if text, apps and items on this dispay" setting under Display? I have 930 also, but I cant get it lower than 225%.

yeah the lowest, i did not check how much is the lowest, so i guess its as you say 225%...

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So, after the hard reset, I get walked through the initial set up. (I did not pull from my backup, but went with New Phone.)
At times when I needed to type, letters on the keyboard were not visible. Also, usually the buttons (Next, Previous, Done) did not show up. I knew they would be there, and assumed which area would be which button, but an average user would have no idea what to do.
Continuing to test.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I am able to double tap lock on the navigation bar once I enabled it. I can't double tap unlock on the HTC, I think it's Lumia specific or I'm missing an option somewhere.
on the last build i was able to lock with double tap on navigation, but not in this one... with 8.1 i could unlock an lock...

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I reset my phone, went to Windows 8.1, but decided not to install 10514 and 10536, and according
to what I read in Windows Central, I would have to reset the phone again to get build 10549.
resetting the phone is easy, the time con summing task is restoring the phone to Windows 8.1,
then pulling in the new build, with slow Wi-Fi it takes hours out of our already busy schedule.
The article also points out, that the hard reset may have to be done again, so I feel that I'm going
to wait until the next build.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
All is well thus far, much snappier as reported. I didn't read through all 5 pages, but battery drain is Cortana, Gabe reports, disable for now.
Oddly, once I had 10549 loaded, I got a 2nd restart notification, which I did, and a 2ndnstall. No idea what it was, but so far my Lumia 640 is running solid, as reported, closer to 8.1 performance levels.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Lumia ICON here. Reverted back to 8.1, downloaded Insider App...updated phone and it went right to 10549. It is still doing it's "chatter" (restoring old texts, syncing my pictures from OneDrive, syncing my Groove Music cloud collection) so I can't say if battery is better, even with the now known "Cortana" bug. But it is draining much faster during this first 24-48 hour time frame than ever. The OS is snappier and the Windows Central App is working better than it did on the last release.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Battery drain seems a little quicker than 10536 which makes me sad, i'm taking the risk as the daily and will continue to do so. I love the features and layout so much over 8.1 that i'll put up with having to keep a charger handy at work.

The same. There are too many nice things about Windows 10 on phone that it makes it hard to leave even with the drastic battery drain and woky Bluetooth (text to speech/speech to text) on my UConnect. Also, Groove Music via Bluetooth seems to show all songs with a much longer "end time" (like over an hour) but they do indeed end and go to next song...wish they would fix that.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Very fluid and responsive. I like the way its coming along. The real test for me will be adding a locally-stored mp3 to my phone from my pc which to this point has been shockingly slow.

Right now the only gripes for me are
1. My phone is VERY hot.
2. I'm not seeing new message notifications in Outlook.

I plan to hard reset tonight as I always do after installing a new build and hopefully it resolves the issues. Either way I'm only going to run it for about a week. That's my new policy. Kick the tires then rollback.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I am not yet decided about it, I like more space, but font is really small on my 930...300% seem fine. But what I dont like about 300% that many apps, like calculator, take too much space, making them much better on 225%. Then again there are apps that look the same on 300 and 225, I guess it only works on universal apps?

Still long way to go with this feature, but its nice to see work in right direction.

I think they could pull this off without even changing the font by too much. More action buttons for example as well as the messaging users showing on the left side. With regular size they only show in landscape mode. I guess it's a taste of how things will look normally on the 950xl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon