Windows 10 mobile hotspot

Brett Sanderson

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
This feature ever going to be fixed? its been broken for like 6 builds now.

All i get is:

"Connection not shared
there's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular setting and signal, and try again."

MSStackFan

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I have seen it work in short bursts, does yours connect and then drop or simply never connect? I thought there was a correlation between it remaining bridged until the screen times out but not absolutely sure that's the case.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Reboot phone. Otherwise hard reset and do not restore from backup. Start fresh. Mine works fine on few previous builds. 640XL UNLOCKED tmobile unlimited lte with tethering plan. Occasionally I need to reboot phone. Being Preview build and all

Brett Sanderson

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Just updated to the latest insider release and did a factory reset, still wont work... Anyone else have this problem with their Lumia 920? I use my hotspot a lot because i have unlimited data, this is very annoying.

I had to manually set up an APN for my data to work so i am not using the "Default" APN, does this have an effect on mobile hotspots?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have not had any issues with the mobile hotspot since build 10572 at least. Worked for me on each release since then. I've never had trouble with it cutting out on the lockscreen either.

Seems with several people reporting the issue for the 920, it could either be a hardware specific incompatibility with the 920 or "connection not shared" could be specific to the settings for your data and your carrier, or a combination of both.

Wish I could be of more help.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue at one time with AT&T, and they had to "provision" my SIM card for the hotspot. Seems it had not been set up right on their end.

Brett Sanderson

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Finally fixed it by downloading the app in this thread: "Fix For Lumia 920 Internet Sharing"

Must be something to do with the APN but my data was working fine...

Tierra Thomas

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I have this same issue i even went back tow indows 8.1 for a few months and went back to windows 10 preview and the **** still aint working come on Microsoft dont you see this is a issue here? what are you waiting on. Im just trying to watch hulu on my tablet,. But oh no hotspot wont work with my Phone nor My Xbox maybe ill just stay with Windows 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes