Different error message after configuration update on ICON

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I was prompted that the phone needed to restart....I did, everything updated fine, but once it got into windows, the phone came up with this message box:

""Update complete
Your update completed, but there were some problems. If things aren't working right, try backing up your data and then using Reset My Phone"""

What the hell is this? I've soft reset, done everything...it just keeps coming up.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I was prompted that the phone needed to restart....I did, everything updated fine, but once it got into windows, the phone came up with this message box:

""Update complete
Your update completed, but there were some problems. If things aren't working right, try backing up your data and then using Reset My Phone"""

What the hell is this? I've soft reset, done everything...it just keeps coming up.

Screenshot please

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly sick of this crap. I've supported windows phone for over 5 years, but I'm sick of the crappy battery life, bugs, bugs, and more bugs. Now this? It won't even backup.........and YES, I've deleted all prior backups, as well as changed the lockscreen image and wallpaper to blank. It's just hanging at about 5% on the backup slider (for over an hour). Seriously....all this for a small little update?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly sick of this crap. I've supported windows phone for over 5 years, but I'm sick of the crappy battery life, bugs, bugs, and more bugs. Now this? It won't even backup.........and YES, I've deleted all prior backups, as well as changed the lockscreen image and wallpaper to blank. It's just hanging at about 5% on the backup slider (for over an hour). Seriously....all this for a small little update?

You can connect your phone to a PC and back up all your files.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

So get out of Insider and be like the others that don't know about it, wait for standard updates, part of signing up includes warnings of possible issues ..... PROBLEM SOLVED :)

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So get out of Insider and be like the others that don't know about it, wait for standard updates, part of signing up includes warnings of possible issues ..... PROBLEM SOLVED :)

It's not really about that...........I KNOW that Verizon won't release firmware updates for the ICON to help with battery life (at least not until I'm 6 feet underground) I've got nearly everything cut off in the background, and it''ll barely make it 4-6 hours with a phone call here and there. I honestly don't see it being resolved for some time. I literally have to plug up any/everytime I'm near a charger, just in case I'm stuck somewhere for a few hours. Bugs are bugs, but the app gap (you guy know it's never going to happen), battery life, etc. I'm just sick of it....may be time for IOS.

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
C'mon STOP sayin "app gap": the old same clich? . We are in 2016, the only gap I see is in teenagers minigames

You must not have kids..........Powerschool, banking apps, etc. I can't see my childrens grades through an app, nor can I even check my bank account without jumping on a browser. IOS and Android can do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans