Something's wrong with the Messaging app

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't quite understand what's going on, but I'll try to be as specific as possible. When build 14267 came out with the new Messaging app, even though I could pick a picture now, I still couldn't send it. Then a couple days after it came out for Mobile too, there was news of an update for the app. Some people said it was for Redstone only, others said it was available for 10586.107 too, but I couldn't find it on my Redstone laptop nor on my Lumia 640, which is stuck on 10596.107.
Last night, I finally got a Messaging+Skype update on my phone that actually lets me send and receive pictures, but I still have no such update on my laptop and I still can't send pictures through it. I used to get updates instantly when there were news of them, and lately it seems I'm always out of sync somehow. What's the matter?

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well you're one step ahead of me. I STILL cant send anything to ANY skype user through the messaging app on Windows 10. I receive all messages but everything I send fails with a generic "couldnt send" error.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
That generic error is also what I get on my PC when sending pictures :/ It seems to work alright on my phone though. I thought maybe build 14271 would bring a newer version for the app, but it didn't.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon