Music player bug with recent updates?

Ehugos

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
So yeah, as a complete newbie on this forum, my first post will be regarding a seemingly unfixable and annoying bug with the latest update. All third party apps seem to freeze and stop randomly after 1-2 songs at 0:00 and will not start playing until the "play" button is pressed once more.

This issue is nonexistent with any bluetooth devices, and only occurs when using the headphone jack. I have already checked the hardware for errors, however both the jack and the headphones seem fine (and said headphones work on all other devices flawlessly) leading me to believe this is a software bug introduced 2 updates ago.

Is anyone else having this issue, alternatively have anyone found a solution to it, i truly do prefer to use apps from third party developers, such as audiobit etc. since i use FLAC format for some songs.

Last edited:

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't know about 3rd party, but I'm seeing this issue on Groove on my 950 on latest build when I'm streaming.(I have no local music)

Ehugos

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
That sounds strange, Groove i the only app which actually seems to work somewhat reliably for me, although still not perfect.

With my third party apps, it always happen after 1-2 songs, extremely irritating since i do enjoy music while riding my bike which now is impossible since it is simply frustrating to have a pair of noiseless headphones stuck in your ears!

Its honestly a pretty serious bug on what is supposed to multitask as a music-player, i like the interface of Windows-Phone, but it is stuff like this that sometimes make me really miss android.

Kai Schrimpf

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I have had that since day 1. Didnt realize it is across all players.
Same thing, it stops playing on plugged in headphones and works smoothly over bluetooth.

I havent tested groove on this yet

Sent from mTalk

Ehugos

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Seriously though, what might be causing this?

It is an unacceptable error on a device that is supposed to work as a freaking music player. Windows Phone does not have the right to use the "but we are a new player card anymore. This is ****, they treat us like ****, and because of this single error, i may or may not switch to another system. I can take the ****ty restarts, i can take the horrible browser, but i want my goddamn music!

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Just one more annoyance , hope it annoys the crap out of those able to "officially" update, then maybe something will be done

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a 950 XL and Groove Music over Bluetooth was working flawlessly (actually like the app much better than XBOX music in 8.1), but I think with the .164 update a new bug was introduced that seems to tie to the lock timeout of your device.

On mine, it is set to 15 minutes. Like clockwork, I can start music in my car over Bluetooth as I drive to work and exactly 15 minutes after it was started it stops playing. I unlock the phone, have to hit 'play' again and it works for another 15 minutes (until the lock timeout happens again). In addition to stopping play, it drops the Bluetooth volume from 30 to ~18, and I have to turn it back up.

I hope this is resolved with the next release. In the meantime I might simply remove the lock timeout on my phone, but that means it would never lock, which is bad. I wish I could set it to 30 minutes.

If you've having similar issues, can you try changing the lock timeout to see if the interval follows the setting?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
How do you change the timeout?

With Bluetooth in the car & Groove music, if I click forward on tracks off my SD card, it automatically pauses itself - pretty annoying.

Also, when I first get in the car after Groove had shut itself down (seems to disconnect itself after it senses its no longer being used), I used to be able to just turn the car on and it auto-plays shuffle upon connection/pairing, but now, I have to manually turn Groove on in order for music to start.

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
All settings - Accounts - Sign-in options.

Oddly enough, turning off my phone today and back on - everything was back to normal on my home commute. :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes