App stuck in queue in downloads and updates

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
After installing the new insider build, I have one app stuck in queue forever, seems like it's trying to update itself, but it freezes there.
I cannot resume it/uninstall it, I did not find any solution to resolve this issue. Already tried to restart the phone several times, but nothing worked.
Anyone has a clue? Recovery tool is my last option, even the iris problems were not that annoying as I can disable it.

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Download any App, and while its in progress go to Downloads and Updates, and press the Pause All, then Resume all, that will fix.

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Download any App, and while its in progress go to Downloads and Updates, and press the Pause All, then Resume all, that will fix.

Thumbs up! At least the app starts to download, thanks.
PS: some of my apps are not compatible well with new build, hope MS could release a quick bug fix build.

TDH69

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Pause and Pause all options "greyed" out or not available. Have two apps and problems with multiple devices. Cannot install, update, or uninstall. One app stuck in queue has bee uninstalled and still shows in queue...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Pause and Pause all options "greyed" out or not available. Have two apps and problems with multiple devices. Cannot install, update, or uninstall. One app stuck in queue has bee uninstalled and still shows in queue...

Don't pause. CANCEL... then soft reset. That' could be a central server Store iussue

kahibbi

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 apps in the download queue and the pause button is grayed out with no way to cancel. It's been this way for a few days and they seem to have stacked up behind the previous.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Joi. Start installing / downloading ANY app. As soon as it really DOWNLOADS, the 'pause all' is clickable. Do so. Then Click again on 'resume all'.
If wanted, you can then cancel the app you started in the first place.

kahibbi

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That worked ... installing a different app allowed me to pause or cancel all apps in the download queue. I cancelled them all and selected "Check for updates" when the queue was empty and now it is 'attempting' to update any apps I have installed ... the dots just circling ... and it's been doing this for several minutes. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the Store app. I will reboot and check for system updates then com back to see is I can download some app in a bit.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thumbs up! At least the app starts to download, thanks.
PS: some of my apps are not compatible well with new build, hope MS could release a quick bug fix build.

So I have tweetium, this app crashes on the new build, I uninstalled it reinstalled it and it shows as pending in the store. I uninstalled the app again and tweetium is still stuck as a pending DL even though I uninstalled the app. I also can;t re download tweetium since the store think I have it on my phone.

I tried trying to cancel the stuck tweetium download when downloading another program and it would not let me, the stuck tweetium dl has no options on it to stop or pause.
Any fix?

Worst build ever what a Cluster F

kahibbi

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
As I mentioned, that did fix the problem of cleaning out the queue, but every app I attempt to download doesn't download. It will suggest is starts the download, but nothing happens. I checked for any operating updates and there were none. I looked to uninstall and reinstall the Store app but that's not an option. I let the battery drain completely last night in hopes that something will make it work again. I still cannot download any app.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
As I mentioned, that did fix the problem of cleaning out the queue, but every app I attempt to download doesn't download. It will suggest is starts the download, but nothing happens. I checked for any operating updates and there were none. I looked to uninstall and reinstall the Store app but that's not an option. I let the battery drain completely last night in hopes that something will make it work again. I still cannot download any app.

Instead of draining battery (so you can damage it) there exist the soft reset

kahibbi

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have soft reset it multiple times and it doesn't help ... meaning any app I try to download never really starts downloading.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Then the app you have just downloaded gets stuck! Just cancelled it instead.

This helped, thanks a lot. I think the store is a bit screwed. Reported in feedback.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got several apps, where once I've used BenLumia's solution above (2nd post in the thread folks, looks like late-comers aren't reading the thread before chiming in as having the problem and in need of a solution), it clears it all out. However, I sometimes come back to the store, and one or 2 different programs are now there, or something I just updated needs to be updated again.

Rinse and repeat. Seems I have to repeat the fix every time I get app updates.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be happening after every install of a new app as well. I just installed the new Office 365 Admin Universal Beta app and again got a second one listed as pending. Went to the store and it's showing in the update list. Definitely broken....

kahibbi

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I am still having issues with any app downloading ... meaning no matter what app I have tried over the past few days never starts the download process. It either says 'pending' or 'starting download', but nothing advances after that. I can clear the queue per the instructions but I can reboot and/or attempt to download another app and it just hangs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes