Pics auto upload to onedrive - no worky!

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Not sure when this stopped working, certainly last 2 fast ring previews.

Any pics i take on my 950xl don't upload to onedrive. Used to do, don't now. Tried looking at the settings for photo app and onedrive, but all ticked.

Anyone else??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Not sure when this stopped working, certainly last 2 fast ring previews.

Any pics i take on my 950xl don't upload to onedrive. Used to do, don't now. Tried looking at the settings for photo app and onedrive, but all ticked.

Anyone else??

Check app update, and if it's allowed in background, then check your Microsoft account, maybe there's a message "Attention required!

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I have reported this weeks ago, with the latest it appears to be working, need to monitor now.
Edit: still same, it uploads eventually but sometimes only next day which is not good really. Also if you open onedrive app it then tries to sync but not automatically like it used to on good old 8.1...

Last edited:

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Still nothing for me. So annoying tbh, as a second camera, i hate having to attach my phone to my laptop with a cable to save and edit my shots.

Per Kjellqvist

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Not working for me either.

OneDrive settings:
Camera upload: ON
Account: same as on my PC
Include videos: ON
Upload on metered connections: ON

OS version: 1511
OS build: 10.0.10586.420
I am not on the insider ring

Device: Lumia 640

About OneDrive on the phone
Version: 17.11 ---> did a "Reset App" - no change

About OneDrive on the pc
Version: 17.11 ---> did a "Reset App" - some of the latest photos appeared

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Not working for me either.

OneDrive settings:
Camera upload: ON
Account: same as on my PC
Include videos: ON
Upload on metered connections: ON

OS version: 1511
OS build: 10.0.10586.420
I am not on the insider ring

Device: Lumia 640

About OneDrive on the phone
Version: 17.11 ---> did a "Reset App" - no change

About OneDrive on the pc
Version: 17.11 ---> did a "Reset App" - some of the latest photos appeared

Remove Include Video, it occupies all your upload band and blocks pics

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with pictures/videos not backing up to my OneDrive account. Unchecking the Include Videos option does not solve the problem. This is a big pain.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with pictures/videos not backing up to my OneDrive account. Unchecking the Include Videos option does not solve the problem. This is a big pain.

Do you enable some data limit in Data Sensor settings? Normally OneDrive uploads even in metered carrier data, unless you block it via settings

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you enable some data limit in Data Sensor settings? Normally OneDrive uploads even in metered carrier data, unless you block it via settings

Where is this setting? I noticed in my background apps that onedrive was turned off. So have turned that on. Taken a pic, still not uploaded to my onedrive. Unless it takes some time to start working? [uploading was instant when i had 8.1 and sure it was when i first upgraded to my 950XL and the first W10 software].

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Where is this setting? I noticed in my background apps that onedrive was turned off. So have turned that on. Taken a pic, still not uploaded to my onedrive. Unless it takes some time to start working? [uploading was instant when i had 8.1 and sure it was when i first upgraded to my 950XL and the first W10 software].

Go to settings -> Data use -> Check if Set data limit is setted (it must be not), and check if under "Use carrier data if no Wifi available" the button is "Don't Allow" instead of "Allow".

Language localization may vary and it's a little confusing there, a toggle would be surely better.

Considering a lot of 950 users in forum never reported that, it seems a local carriera area coverage iussue.

PS: did you enable data Roaming in Phone settings?????
When I mean "Settings" I'm talking about Phone settings. In win10 all core settings are centralized

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Wait...............the picture i took has suddenly appeared - hurray!!!

Wonder if it was the background app setting after all that?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Wait...............the picture i took has suddenly appeared - hurray!!!

Wonder if it was the background app setting after all that?

Now working for me too! I also had One Drive turned off as a background app, turned it On and this morning's photo is now showing up in my OneDrive account. Thanks everybody.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit