Windows Store app update error 0x80070005

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone experiencing this issue while updating apps on W10M, particularly WhatsApp? I'm on RS build 14383. But this problem has been there since the last build 14379. While updating, the store gives an error 0x80070005 while Acquiring license. But I noticed that apps other than WhatsApp updated smoothly. All the solutions on the internet are for W10 PC and not a single one for W10M. So, does anyone have a solution to this issue? Thanks in advance.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've fixed some store errors by replacing the SD card. Sounds weird but if the SD card is damaged, and they do eventually wear out, then that is the fix.

Perhaps try and install on internal memory.

Of course you may not have an SD card... in which case most store errors clear themselves after a while/update.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I've fixed some store errors by replacing the SD card. Sounds weird but if the SD card is damaged, and they do eventually wear out, then that is the fix.

Perhaps try and install on internal memory.

Of course you may not have an SD card... in which case most store errors clear themselves after a while/update.
I do have an SD card but I have set the apps to install on the phone memory. And yeah, the update installed automatically but after more than 12 hours.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had an update in the Store for Windows Voice Recorder for the last two builds that just won't update. Hard reset doesn't fix it either.

Stefan Di

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with Whatsapp and since today also with Tubecast. I have had it before with another phone and that time I had to replace the sd-card. But now I have everything on the phones memory. I tried installing the update while the sd-card was out of the phone but it did not work and showed the same error
I hope someone has a solution.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with Whatsapp and since today also with Tubecast. I have had it before with another phone and that time I had to replace the sd-card. But now I have everything on the phones memory. I tried installing the update while the sd-card was out of the phone but it did not work and showed the same error
I hope someone has a solution.

You cannot install Whatsapp on SD, that's forbidden by its developer, in last RS2 build the device / sd app automatic locator seems not working.
Fix will came by itself as always by Store

Stefan Di

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp is not on the sd-card, it's on the phone itself but does nog want to update anymore. Tubecast now has the same problem. I tried uninstalling Tubecast and then installing it again. That still does not work. The app is deleted now and I can't download it anymore.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp is not on the sd-card, it's on the phone itself but does nog want to update anymore. Tubecast now has the same problem. I tried uninstalling Tubecast and then installing it again. That still does not work. The app is deleted now and I can't download it anymore.

You miss the problem: even if whatsapp is ALREADY on phone, store tries to update it always on sd card, there's a target device missing now in code

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So the Whatsapp code has a bug right now and that is why I can't upate? So Whatsapp has to fix it?

That's a recent Store problem, something which help apps targeting devices is broken.
I made app updates last morning, everything gone fine (some on device , others on sd , automatically).

Did you tried changin app target to device, and tryed updating Whatsapp?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6