Windows 10 Mobile build 14926 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

mrmobileperformance

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile build 14926 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Lumia 435 dual sim here, just updated fro 10.0.14393 to this one 10.0.14926, here are my problems...
I use two sim cards and I get the double icon at the top stating no sim in either slot so no calls or messages, hell not even a signal bar.
Wi-Fi gone a nacker, not showing the signal bar, it does work if I manually connect but still no icon
Lastly (most important bug / error) every 5 - 10 minutes my phone is restarting over and over.

Sitting here now for the next 3 hours to format my phone back to windows 8.1 just so I can then re upgrade it back to a production build of windows 10, this is ultra annoying, why no option to just rollback one build is that to simple, thanks Microsoft... ill be thinging of you during my next phone purchase, not!

Your SIM card issue sounds suspiciously like what I experienced with my Elite X3. Turns out that the second SIM card was improperly placed in the little tray.

Sent from mTalk

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Was working well on 950xl. Installed a compass app (which uses the magnetmeter) and got the no sim error immediately.

Power cycle didn't work. Had to actually eject the sim to get it working again...

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site

I lost my insider preview. I click on the fix me button and my phone returns to the start screen. When I try to log into OneDrive, I click sign-in and my phone returns to the start screen. I go into account settings and notice all of my accounts (Live, and Yahoo) seem to have passwords twice as long as they should be. I correct them and then when I check them again it is twice as long again. I go into settings, accounts, Your info and it shows local account. When I click on "sign in with a microsoft account instead" i get the pop-up "search for app in store?", i click yes, I get "Try that again". I need some hope. I did a hard reset after the upgrade to 14926.1000 because it could not find my sim card. Well the sim card issue is fixed. but this issue remains

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Anyone else having problems with W8.1 apps on this build? Many of the older apps I use are not working properly on this build. Besides CloudMuzik (which I already reported on), ESPN crashes frequently, as does the RBC banking app. In fact, I think ALL the 8.1 apps I use are problematic on this build. Soft resets don't help.

In addition, Settings sometimes crashes.

I've considered a hard reset but I think I will wait for the next build. If no improvement, then I'll do the hard reset.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Skype was not updating to new build, the one with sms relay, uninstalled old version, changed default app storage to device, tried again and got it :)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Anyone else having problems with W8.1 apps on this build? Many of the older apps I use are not working properly on this build. Besides CloudMuzik (which I already reported on), ESPN crashes frequently, as does the RBC banking app. In fact, I think ALL the 8.1 apps I use are problematic on this build. Soft resets don't help.

I've considered a hard reset but I think I will wait for the next build. If no improvement, then I'll do the hard reset.
I know you're tech-savvy, I've read you enough. These apps on a SD card or internal?

Peace. Alan
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :winktongue:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I can not download a OneNote page, been syncing for over two weeks (1GB), I am probably going to have to reset my phone. I preparing for a business trip and don't have time to mess with a major problem (have too many to deal with as it is). can someone that KNOWS (definitely not me) what the down side is? and the easiest way to get back to where I am, only BETTER!:^)

Any help would be appreciated, I really can't afford a brick at this moment.

Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I can not download a OneNote page, been syncing for over two weeks (1GB), I am probably going to have to reset my phone. I preparing for a business trip and don't have time to mess with a major problem (have too many to deal with as it is). can someone that KNOWS (definitely not me) what the down side is? and the easiest way to get back to where I am, only BETTER!:^)

Thanks!

downside of factory reset would be reinstalling all the apps, losing whatsapp data, maybe other app data too. And the off chance some obscure app refuses to install

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I've tried this app, https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...or-google-music%2F9nblggh0dd0v&token=WrwYCrzz it for sure works with gmail accounts, however subscription over google play for work accounts is a no go. Cloudmuzik on the other hand, I had to delete as it is not working period. I have seen the dev's facebook page, he's lost his devices and no longer developing?

Thanks!

If only one page of One Note why not export that single page to evernote?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

If only one page of One Note why not export that single page to evernote?

Thank you zocster, for the suggestion. I don't use Evernote very much (matter of fact, not since 2014), would you mind to elaborate on the process?

Thanks again.

UPDATE: after signing into my Evernote account, I find that I only have 60MB of space available, so I believe that the Evernote solution would prove to be futile, for the pages I am trying to download from OneNote, exceeds this capacity.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Preview build 14926 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

There won't be a new Windows 10 Mobile preview build this week and here's why | Windows Central

Dona Sarkar stated:
After upgrading to Build 14926, some Insiders reported that the pin pad is no longer visible to unlock their phone even after rebooting the phone and some phones lost the ability to use their SIM card. In both cases, a hard reset of resolves the issue. Based on the feedback we received from Insiders, we have decided not to release a new Mobile build this week until we get fixes for these two issues.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Thank you zocster, for the suggestion. I don't use Evernote very much (matter of fact, not since 2014), would you mind to elaborate on the process?

Thanks again.

UPDATE: after signing into my Evernote account, I find that I only have 60MB of space available, so I believe that the Evernote solution would prove to be futile, for the pages I am trying to download from OneNote, exceeds this capacity.

Fortunately I have a business evernote account and a 365, overkill for most, but I like having my options :) Plus I paid up for 2 years, prior to the price hike. A reload may be what's required.

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

Having the same issue with no number pad for pin code. I don't see how this is gonna be fixed without a hard reset as the wifi can't be turned on either. This is ridiculous. Bugs as huge as this one should have been discovered if people at MS were actually testing the build. Glad I'm still not having insider preview on my daily phone.

AlphAtomix

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Xiaomi mi4, everything is fine but i have 2 main problems:
- The phone time & hour change a lot of times per day (even if i set it to manual). It always become november 2034 (maybe i will die in that date). Even the time change in a random one and sometime the phone enter in the "donotdisturb" mode (my setting is 1AM to 7 AM).
- Whatsapp, i cannot receive any message/notification if the app is not open on the screen... A lot of users are reportig this on the italian store in september review.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

950XL, DS, USA:

Seems that some of my sms text message history is missing, for some contacts, I hope this is a short term disappearance, and they will re-appear. Has anyone else seen/having this issue? Anyone know the likely prognosis, with regards to the missing messages re-populating?

Thanks.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Quick question- Is the blue light reduction feature active on this build on mobile yet? I know the bits appeared a few builds ago, but cannot see any evidence that it is working, yet.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

About to download now on my 950 xl dual sim and hoping that new build follows soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo