Action center fix for 16241

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
There is a bug where the action center can be unresponsive on this build. This is a scaling issue. To fix it, change the app & text scaling in setting to a workable setting (100% on my sp3), after a few minutes, change it back to your preferred setting and it should be fixed.

rhodyvik

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
There is a bug where the action center can be unresponsive on this build. This is a scaling issue. To fix it, change the app & text scaling in setting to a workable setting (100% on my sp3), after a few minutes, change it back to your preferred setting and it should be fixed.

I have no idea how I found this post...but after the widest array of search terms in Google I found your answer! It works perfectly now on my SP4 so for those out there wondering -- yes it works on the MS SP4. Thank you so much!!

On another note: I've wanted to just completely wipe my system after being on the fast ring since the Creators Update release. Have you found these recent updates to be more unstable than previous fast ring updates (prior to the release of the Creators Update)? Maybe it's just me.

Thank you so much for posting this online! How did you figure it out and have you put it in the Feedback Hub? I didn't see it which is why I'm asking. I probably couldn't find the answer in there either because what would be the proper search terminology? I would think "Action Center Unresponsive 16241" should suffice.

-VR

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad it helped. Funny enough, I got the answer when I was reporting the issue on the feed back hub from an official MS response to the issue. Unfortunately, they don't do a good job of putting the answer out there.

One thing I have noticed, then fix needed to be re-implemented when the pc rebooted.

NarcoSleepy

May 16, 2011
Visit site

OMG, Thank you! This has been driving me freaking mad. This has only just started being a problem because my 4k keeps resetting my resolution and scaling every single time I log out/in. I don't know why it's started doing this, as it's been working fine for weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi