I'm curious about the "barebones" VR experience. Would it run decently enough to give it a spin on Cliff's House with an SP4 Pro i5? I think it would be fun to put it inside a backpack and just walk a bit.
    10-17-2017 09:31 AM
    Check out the Windows Mixed Reality PC Check tool in the Store
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=GuAzxv4f
    10-17-2017 09:43 AM
    Check out the Windows Mixed Reality PC Check tool in the Store
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=uVWwlrj-
    Yeah, I need to try that on the SP4, but I was thinking maybe someone had experienced it already.

I have to say that switching the mini-HDMI to Display Port is a move that's always annoyed me, in this case too it makes it more difficult to connect.
    10-17-2017 09:53 AM
    Sorry but i dont think this will work, atleast not with the 4gb version that i have. If anyone has tried and got it to work, please tell us about the experience.
    10-17-2017 10:34 AM
    I've got a surface pro 4 16gb i7 and it fails on the processor and graphics driver, same as my surface book. what an embarrsement for microsodt that their flagship line won't support it.
    10-18-2017 03:37 AM
    Hmm, tablets? A fun experience but hardly something to run VR on. I think this is targeted more at desktop PCs, with a low power mode to support higher powered laptops. MS have a lot of shame to carry for countless reasons. I don't think the fact they've not got a headset VR solution for tablets is going to be on the scale at all. Anyway, you can use the MR system on tablets without a headset anyway. Much like the iOS system. Best you can expect on a tablet really.
    10-18-2017 12:46 PM
    Originally posted by lee park
    I've got a surface pro 4 16gb i7 and it fails on the processor and graphics driver, same as my surface book. what an embarrsement for microsodt that their flagship line won't support it.
    I agree, but you can get it to continue passed the test by using a reg hack... my Surface Pro 4 i7 8gb now passes the test but when it tries to start the headset the laptop screen just flashes on and off.. but I only tried it quickly earlier, maybe it'll work on yours..

Open the Registry Editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic\FirstRun (you can paste that into the address bar at the top).

Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value (either via Edit or context menu) and give it a name of AllowFailedSystemChecks.
    Double-click that value and set its data to 1.

Restart Mixed Reality Portal
    10-20-2017 02:55 PM
    You can use a reg hack to allow you to continue pass the test.. my Surface Pro 4 i7 8gb proceeded to configure the controllers etc but when it tries to fire up the headset the main screen flashes on and off, however I only tried it briefly earlier.. (main system is overkill but I can't throw that into my backpack for presentations)

computer-says-ok..-.jpgmr-spec-fail-bypass.jpg

Open the Registry Editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic\FirstRun (you can paste that into the address bar at the top).

Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value (either via Edit or context menu) and give it a name of AllowFailedSystemChecks.
    Double-click that value and set its data to 1.

Restart Mixed Reality Portal
    10-20-2017 03:08 PM