I stumbled across this blog post with a concept of how a WP7 Tablet home screen could look:

What if Windows Phone F***ed a Slate? Part 1 Clarity Blogs

It has a pretty straight forward take on how the UI would work as many WP7 users would come to expect, utilizing a hub style UI for the home screen.
    foosball and mittortz like this.
    01-24-2011 04:24 PM
    Nice find! I was wondering how a tablet would look in WP7 and for a concept design this captures it quite well.
    01-24-2011 09:16 PM
    Interesting..... he took the idea from Omnimo 3

Browsing deviantART
    01-24-2011 10:25 PM
    Wow, that was actually really cool, great UI concept, looked great on a tablet screen.
    01-24-2011 10:54 PM
    Kinda like this:

i think MS have got a really great UI concept that would scale well to other screen sizes. Unlike Apple who just add more icons and make them a bit bigger to fill the space a WP7 tablet could just view more of the Panorama/Pivot. It would really be something different to the existing tablets that simply take what is there and make it bigger.
    01-24-2011 11:40 PM
    Interesting..... he took the idea from Omnimo 3

Browsing deviantART
    You could say that, though instead, this designer decided to keep the WP7 start menu the same width and height as the current one, using only 2 columns as a way to keep the OS consistent across devices. Both are still pretty cool concepts, if only Microsoft would jump on this and move into the tablet space with WP7.
    01-24-2011 11:52 PM
    Yes hes a nice designer but my WP7 phone isnt a computer. Its a smartphone for sure.
    A WP7 tablet wouldnt work so good.
    02-03-2011 05:32 PM
    Sigh, Microsoft needs to give up on Windows 7 on a tablet and use WP7 as the base for all mobile efforts (tablets included).

Yes hes a nice designer but my WP7 phone isnt a computer. Its a smartphone for sure.
    A WP7 tablet wouldnt work so good.
    Why not? Android is being given a facelift to work on tablets, iOS has already been reworked for tablets (iPad) ... so ... Microsoft should really be doing the same thing instead of trying to push a desktop OS (W7) or working on a completely new base (W8 ARM) for future tablets (in 2-3 years when Android and iOS have been developed/improved even more).
    02-06-2011 05:03 PM
    They ought to make a tablet-friendly version of WP7 to use on tablets... giving them that "instant-on" capability people expect of tablets, plus access to the WP7 Marketplace. There's no reason they couldn't add a capability to launch a full desktop program in a Windows7 virtual machine, as needed, for those power users. I think we will see good things from Microsoft in terms of tablets as they're already announced the next version of Windows will run on ARM and system on a chip architectures.
    02-11-2011 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD