Windows Phone Is Dead Beyond Resurrection

Sargon Aelther

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Too many times, the w10 phone stops working as expected, and needs to be rebooted

By contrast, my 3 year old Galaxy note works flawlessly.
My 950XL manages to reboot on its own... every two days in fact. Such amazing error self-recovery! Wow. So yes they're unfit for purpose even without the app issue. 650s were meant to be for the enterprise but they're incredibly unreliable.

Sargon Aelther

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I guess MS didn't get the memo, they stopped caring about live tiles, most of MS apps dont have transparent tiles, and give no useful info.

If you want transparent tiles, get and Android, get Square Home 2 and Whicons icon pack. No need to beg Microsoft to do a 2 minute job that'll take them 6 months.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you want transparent tiles, get and Android, get Square Home 2 and Whicons icon pack. No need to beg Microsoft to do a 2 minute job that'll take them 6 months.

My problem with Android is MS apps experience is not best on it, especially outlook. I dont care about live tiles, I'm ok with current android interface with a funky icon pack.

But yes soon I'll make a switch may be to iPhone SE(2) or an Android

Sargon Aelther

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
My problem with Android is MS apps experience is not best on it, especially outlook.

Most apps are fine on Droid, including Outlook IMO. Groove is probably the worst. Does not read any local music, stream via service or OneDrive only. All downloaded songs are encrypted and you cannot even set it to cache to SD card.

Gonna have to find a different music player for Android and PC that syncs playlists of local music files.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
^ I have to disagree because every program built for Windows 10 works for Windows 7 as well. Except the UWP apps, but that's no big deal to most of people. Even majority of Windows 10 users don't use them.

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone

Sargon Aelther

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
^ I have to disagree because every program built for Windows 10 works for Windows 7 as well. Except the UWP apps, but that's no big deal to most of people. Even majority of Windows 10 users don't use them.

Huh? What do Win32 Desktop programs have to do with anything? We're talking phones here.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
There has been some mistake on my behalf. :) I was replying to almost who said how the official support doesn't matter so much, and gave the example of Windows 7 which is still rocking. Either that's an old post, or some bug with mTalk. I'd say it's the first one...

Yup, it's this one. :) Sorry. :)
It's not dead until the support lifecycle ends. This could be as long as 2019:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...=PN&alpha=Windows 10 Mobile&Filter=FilterNO#;

Microsoft will continue to provide security updates until these dates.

I wouldn't expect new features... so it is dead in the way Windows 7 is dead. Still usable and serviced, just no longer being significantly advanced.

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa