My experiences on an HD7 coming from Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well since we're already here I'm gonna do a little bit o' OS bashing; check this out: Why Google Android May Fail and Chrome OS Will Fail – Rob Enderle’s View ? All About Windows Phone 7 so I find it quite funny that this was published sometime last year and the dude already foresaw Nokia WP7's, Apple's market share is just still headed downhill because while it may be a fun device, it isnt revolutionary anymore, so that prediction was pretty spot on. The prediction I like is where he states that Android will fail, given that everything else pretty much rang true, I think no differently of Android. According to the article that this guy mentions (Here: Why Google Android May Fail and Chrome OS Will Fail - InsideTech.com ) OEMs are already frustrated with the Android process as is, in light of the recent movement for Google to tighten the reigns on Android I'm pretty sure it might be passing the line for some of these OEMs a good example is the HTC flyer tablet, HTC used Android 2.4, as opposed to 3.0 Honeycomb because Google doesn't want customization to the OS anymore, but that's their own fault for thinking the open source model would work wonders in the way THEY wanted it too. Another thing, given that to obtain the source code for Android from now on, Andy Rubin has to green light it, there goes Cyanogenmod and we all know how popular this "ROM flashing" has become lol. Anyways those are some small points, any thoughts from you guys? Oh this is for WP7 "fanboys" only so everyone lets do each other a favor and when the inevitable Android fan troll comes in to argue please "no feeding" lol I wanna see more interesting cases on how Android could/would possibly fail...

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well since we're already here I'm gonna do a little bit o' OS bashing; check this out: Why Google Android May Fail and Chrome OS Will Fail ? Rob Enderle?s View ? All About Windows Phone 7 so I find it quite funny that this was published sometime last year and the dude already foresaw Nokia WP7's, Apple's market share is just still headed downhill because while it may be a fun device, it isnt revolutionary anymore, so that prediction was pretty spot on. The prediction I like is where he states that Android will fail, given that everything else pretty much rang true, I think no differently of Android. According to the article that this guy mentions (Here: Why Google Android May Fail and Chrome OS Will Fail - InsideTech.com ) OEMs are already frustrated with the Android process as is, in light of the recent movement for Google to tighten the reigns on Android I'm pretty sure it might be passing the line for some of these OEMs a good example is the HTC flyer tablet, HTC used Android 2.4, as opposed to 3.0 Honeycomb because Google doesn't want customization to the OS anymore, but that's their own fault for thinking the open source model would work wonders in the way THEY wanted it too. Another thing, given that to obtain the source code for Android from now on, Andy Rubin has to green light it, there goes Cyanogenmod and we all know how popular this "ROM flashing" has become lol. Anyways those are some small points, any thoughts from you guys? Oh this is for WP7 "fanboys" only so everyone lets do each other a favor and when the inevitable Android fan troll comes in to argue please "no feeding" lol I wanna see more interesting cases on how Android could/would possibly fail...

So you fully admit your a Microsoft ****** and that you hilariously pray for Google/android to fail. Good luck with that buddy. My advice is get out and enjoy life or something because neither apple nor Google will be failing at anything anytime soon. You just gave me my laugh for the day. Thank you.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So you fully admit your a Microsoft ****** and that you hilariously pray for Google/android to fail. Good luck with that buddy. My advice is get out and enjoy life or something because neither apple nor Google will be failing at anything anytime soon. You just gave me my laugh for the day. Thank you.

Gladly! I love making people laugh! :) I was worried you would go on a long rant and try and troll the fu?k outta this but you didn't! Good for you!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

one who has to goto other sites or forum sections geared towards another OS to troll and bash it is only insecure about their own OS so they have to bash others in order to make themselves feel better. I hope u get banned.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
one who has to goto other sites or forum sections geared towards another OS to troll and bash it is only insecure about their own OS so they have to bash others in order to make themselves feel better. I hope u get banned.

As I've stated, I have an iPhone 4 and HTC inspire and I tried a focus and surround, so unlike you I switch depending on the situation. You think I'm trolling then good for you but I know better. You think I care if I get banned, its a forum, who cares. Look how many times I've been thanked and tell me if I'm trolling. Maybe if ppl didn't constantly bring up other os when talking about wp7, then ppl wouldn't respond as I have. If you like wp7 then fine but don't bash something else to make you feel better about the os you chose.

bmbriefs

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm a guy who's married to sprint as a carrier. I've been on the htc hero for the last 18 months and will be upgrading soon. For the most part, I've been pretty dissatisfied with the hero, even after rooting and roming (things I never wanted to do), I am still annoyed by its lag. I'm having a hard time between the nexus s and the arrive which should tell you something because the nexus has a better screen, 4g, and nfc and I'm still having a hard time. Also, I'm clearly not a ****** because I'm writing this from a xoom! I think android is much better suited for a large screen with high end hardware that can take advantage of the Widgets, but wm7 is so smooth, elegant and fun to use. If they only had some high end hardware. How much longer must Nokia make us wait?!

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
As I've stated, I have an iPhone 4 and HTC inspire and I tried a focus and surround, so unlike you I switch depending on the situation. You think I'm trolling then good for you but I know better. You think I care if I get banned, its a forum, who cares. Look how many times I've been thanked and tell me if I'm trolling. Maybe if ppl didn't constantly bring up other os when talking about wp7, then ppl wouldn't respond as I have.[ If you like wp7 then fine but don't bash something else to make you feel better about the os you chose.

Hypocrite much? You were the first one to take this thread off topic by introducing how the OP and everyone up to your post was a liar and android wins because you say so.

anyway, saying google will totally fail is a stretch, however, it wouldn't be insane though to say they might start loosing market. Android didn't gain all of its popularity because its 'open' and custom roms as thats just a niche market. Android became popular because carriers saw it as a response to the iPhone since it is similar and has the perk of being free to license and they could do whatever they wanted to it. With some of their partners filing with the DOJ and the fact that their marketplace has been a giant copyright infringement added with Oracle all over them they def have some moves to make.

Reactions: VernonEL

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As I've stated, I have an iPhone 4 and HTC inspire and I tried a focus and surround, so unlike you I switch depending on the situation. You think I'm trolling then good for you but I know better. You think I care if I get banned, its a forum, who cares. Look how many times I've been thanked and tell me if I'm trolling. Maybe if ppl didn't constantly bring up other os when talking about wp7, then ppl wouldn't respond as I have. If you like wp7 then fine but don't bash something else to make you feel better about the os you chose.

Well I didn't bash Android to "mask my feelings" of your proposed mistake I made, I started bashing because I think Android really sucks as it's pretty much a mirror image of an iOS+Symbian lovechild lol oh and they did steal code so they stole practically everything from other places; main ideas from Apple, open source like model and widget support from Symbian. If you noticed I stayed within WP7 forums and didn't go over to say Android central to start bashing on Android, had I done that, I would openly just admit that I was masking said feelings but the reason for posting here is really just to poke fun at Android and nothing more. Evidently my troll feeding warning didn't work so **** it oh well. Something I noticed from tre-nitty though people, is that he seems to be denying facts in front of him, I can back practically every FACT that I state with evidence, and opinions I can back with empirical evidence as well whether that be articles or personal use. Google has even copied Apple's ****** base where its fans have a real twisted distorted image of the truth how Google managed to do that is a mystery, but given that he also has an iOS device then maybe in his case it isnt so mysterious. Having bad press about a company, bad press about big issues anyways (not small things like updates) could be the first sign of a sinking ship. Unfortunately people who think the ship is unsinkable are pretty much the first ones to die, look what happened to the dumbasses on the titanic lol metaphorically speaking of course. This tre-nitty guy could have fu?kin newspaper in front of him stating Google is closing the Android project because of poor OEM support and other issues and he'd still be in denial.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

ok u missed the point.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Now lets look at the so called mature adults. You are calling me a troll(which btw is really lame), and your saying I got pwned because I change my roms daily. It's my opinion that wp7 sucks and i'll tell anyone who asks me the same. So you say you can integrate xbl, whoop di do. I change roms everyday because I can. The nodo update has been a disaster whether you Microsoft fans wanna admit it or not. So you say wp7 has no lag, think about it, it has absolutely nothing that could slow it down, its 2 screens. Hey if y'all like wp7 then great but the OS is trash imo like I've said. I tried a focus and a surround and I sold them after 3-4 days of use. It's a boring but clean ui, it just has no growth value imo. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 and inspire.
Please continue, you're entertaining us all and providing the site with more activity and pageviews. Thank you, kind sir. So you dislike troll? How about nub? N00b? Nooblet? I could change your avatar to show pedo-the-flippin'-bear popping in to say hello should you so wish it. It would form an outstanding comparison to your lack of maturity. In fact, a quick signature edit for you to "Hello, I'm a fool" would suffice.

It's a phone, why change the ROMs everyday? Why are you persistant to bash the OS because we'd rather use it for... y'know... texting, calling, web surfing, office, Xbox Live gaming, the sorts of things we can use the phone for. I don't want to sit there for a few hours everyday hacking my device, I'd rather (as the WP7 adverts correctly put) get on with my real life as soon as possible and only spend as much time that is required glued to the small screen.

I'm not sure why you're calling us fanboys or lame. Sure, you can have the opinion that WP7 is crap and Android suits your ROM desires, but guess what? Some of us might remotely believe that WP7 is better than Android. Oh, but this goes against your opinion so it can't be true, right? The UI is trash? You're actually complaining that because the OS is so slim, quick and nimble, it's crap? So you'd rather have chuggish, repetative, and copied Android UI? Please, be my guest, I'd rather use an app within 2 minutes with info on screen, rather than spend 5 minutes lagging out, waiting for images to load and then clicking lods of buttons.

Actually, are you even aware what the wp stands for in wpcentral? I'll tell you now - it ain't Android.

Had to reply a canes fan(I'm sorry). So tethering and mms doesn't matter? Ok, your lying. It doesn't matter because you can't do it. Don't get mad at me because the op bashed Android and I responded. Stop catching feelings over something you have no stock in. Y'all are responding like Microsoft really gives a crap about y'all. See I have multiple devices and I'm not loyal to a OS unlike the wp7 loyalists. Stop lying to yourselves, you don't really like wp7, you just are under contract and are now stuck. I tried to tell myself wp7 was good but its boring like it or not. Call me a troll all ya want but I tried wp7, so I'm speaking from experience.
Tethering - I have a mobile broadband dongle, why do I need to tether? I see no logical reason for me to have tethering on my phone at all, none, not one.

MMS - We have email support, same as above, I have no use for MMS. If I want to send a photo to someone, I'll attach it in an email.

You're not loyal to an OS? You've contradicted yourself more than a hundred times in a single post. You haven't onced spoke about iOS. Android, Android, Android. Not loyal, eh? Look's like someone's in the denial stage on becoming a ****** ;)

Oh, for the record, you can't really say much about NoDo anymore as it's here, a good number of us have it, and I'm personally content with how Microsoft have apologised for the hick-up.

Reactions: VernonEL

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Please continue, you're entertaining us all and providing the site with more activity and pageviews. Thank you, kind sir. So you dislike troll? How about nub? N00b? Nooblet? I could change your avatar to show pedo-the-flippin'-bear popping in to say hello should you so wish it. It would form an outstanding comparison to your lack of maturity. In fact, a quick signature edit for you to "Hello, I'm a fool" would suffice.

It's a phone, why change the ROMs everyday? Why are you persistant to bash the OS because we'd rather use it for... y'know... texting, calling, web surfing, office, Xbox Live gaming, the sorts of things we can use the phone for. I don't want to sit there for a few hours everyday hacking my device, I'd rather (as the WP7 adverts correctly put) get on with my real life as soon as possible and only spend as much time that is required glued to the small screen.

I'm not sure why you're calling us fanboys or lame. Sure, you can have the opinion that WP7 is crap and Android suits your ROM desires, but guess what? Some of us might remotely believe that WP7 is better than Android. Oh, but this goes against your opinion so it can't be true, right? The UI is trash? You're actually complaining that because the OS is so slim, quick and nimble, it's crap? So you'd rather have chuggish, repetative, and copied Android UI? Please, be my guest, I'd rather use an app within 2 minutes with info on screen, rather than spend 5 minutes lagging out, waiting for images to load and then clicking lods of buttons.

Actually, are you even aware what the wp stands for in wpcentral? I'll tell you now - it ain't Android.

Tethering - I have a mobile broadband dongle, why do I need to tether? I see no logical reason for me to have tethering on my phone at all, none, not one.

MMS - We have email support, same as above, I have no use for MMS. If I want to send a photo to someone, I'll attach it in an email.

You're not loyal to an OS? You've contradicted yourself more than a hundred times in a single post. You haven't onced spoke about iOS. Android, Android, Android. Not loyal, eh? Look's like someone's in the denial stage on becoming a ****** ;)

Oh, for the record, you can't really say much about NoDo anymore as it's here, a good number of us have it, and I'm personally content with how Microsoft have apologised for the hick-up.

Go to sleep. This thread talk was ended days ago. I hope you feel better writing that paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb