Anyone have experience with Error 85010001 for Exchange\Outlook?

Tyndall

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Error code when attempting to sync Email and Calendar in Outlook 2007.

Not updated

There's a problem with <mail domain>

Try again later.

Last tried <X> seconds ago

Error code: 85010001

Basically had installed my Exchange account, it synced the first time with nary a hitch then would never sync again.

Tried restarting: no change. Tried deleting each account then re-adding: Same thing, 1st sync then nothing. Tried changing the language from US English to UK English, restarting then changing it back: no change.

I could not think of anything else to try, and my numerous searches just basically turned up the fixes I have already mentioned, which did not work.

I have had no problem getting my accounts onto a Palm Pre, a Droid-X, and a iPhone 4, so I feel like it's not something on the Exchange server per se.

I am basically posting this to see if any other user on the forum has had a similar experience and a solution that I might try.

As an aside I did return my HTC Arrive the other day, but really liked the OS and if I could have overcome this problem would have kept it. Which is to say, if i could reasonable overcome the problem using the native outlook\email\calendar app on the phone I would go pick it up again (syncing through Google is not an option I am willing to consider). Also I have at least four exchange calendars I need to sync, all for work, which is another must.

Any ideas, thoughts and solutions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Tyndall

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately I do not use a kerio connect server, we use an Exchange server here at work so the .cfg hack is not workable, I also had tried the different other solutions offered in that thread as well. I'm still at a loss and wondering if perhaps something was just borked on my Arrive. Unlikely, I know, but possible.

ddauber

May 3, 2011
Visit site
8501001 error

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately I do not use a kerio connect server, we use an Exchange server here at work so the .cfg hack is not workable, I also had tried the different other solutions offered in that thread as well. I'm still at a loss and wondering if perhaps something was just borked on my Arrive. Unlikely, I know, but possible.

Go into the settings and change the language region. I am assuming you are US. Change it to English UK, reboot the phone, change it back to English US, reboot the phone.
Even though mine was set to US already, forcing it back worked for me.

HTH

Tyndall

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I did try this. Several times. Unfortunately neither I, nor the tech at the Sprint store was able to get my Exchange mail to sync.

Based on the lack of replies I am really starting to think it was a hardware thing.

NofarZ

May 7, 2013
Visit site
"This issue occurs if an Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy was implemented that uses parameters that the Windows Phone-based device cannot completely enforce. "

Check if your ActiveSync option is enabled.

iamcoolur

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I know its just 2 year late reply. But when i faced this problem, i googled and came across this conversation. And after long long reseacrh and trial and error, I finally found the solution. i had a lumia 710 on which i wasnt able to synchronise my hotmail emails. I was shown the error 8501001D . [U]"When Server setting is 'www.hotmail.com' the Error Code: 8501001D is received.
We're having a problem with the server or your connection. Try again later."
[/U]

Solution: Go to Settings > email+accounts > Then select your hotmail account > Scroll down and under "Server" tab, enter the following regardless of what was originally entered.

m.hotmail.com

Save the settings and you shall be good to go with your sync problem solved.

hope this solves the problem.

Andrew Turner2

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately you are an ***** and this is regarding a Windows Phone connecting to Hosted Microsoft Exchange. I am using a Nokia Lumia 925 and I am unable to connect to my HME server in lieu of having the correct Server/Username/Password/Domain information. This is either a failure of the creators of the mobile device Lumia 925 for me or it is a failure of Microsoft for failing to implement a method for connecting an HME server to a mobile based client.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I will be taking this phone back to the store tomorrow to get an iphone like I had before...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

vaishak

May 23, 2013
Visit site
it shows.. Your password has expired.First,change it on the web and then come back and update it on your phone.
error code :85050003
I've updated my password on the web but don't find any option on phone to enter my new password. It syncs and again shows the same error.... please help

MC0REBE

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same same error as the user that posted above, and I don't really feel like changing my password since the phone doesn't seem to give you the option to change it anyway. I'm currently using a Lumia 720 with Windows 8.1. My hotmail account is not the only account that is having difficulties syncing, my Twitter and Facebook account both say "Attention required" and if I tap on it, the error-code 0 appears (which is quite helpfull, thanks MS :amaze:)

ANy input on this matter will be greatly appreciated

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay..
I just fixed this... and you go to someplace completely different that email and accounts in the Settings...

Go to the Settings...
Select Syncronize My Settings (or configuration)... (Sorry my phone is in Spanish... but you get it... choose the synchronize option)..
There choose Synronize my passwords across my devices....
Follow the instructions.... It works...

Very counter intiuitive and I can image Joe Six Pack will just bring his phone back to AT&T and Verizon screaming....

kabatino

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok I just solve this problem on my lumia 920
1- Go to setting then your date and time
2- uncheck set automatically
3- Set your time and date and time zone manually
And then tell me what happens
Enjoy

James Jason

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have the same thing! Tried everything like you but still can't get into my hotmail account on my lumia 520! So you are not the only one! :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon