I love my frickin' phone.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
another thing that I found interesting was that Verizon was no where to be found. Guess they should have put a rush out on that trophy, eh.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I need to take a look at an Arrive in person. I though it was the worse Windows Phone but I kept hearing the love for the phone.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I need to take a look at an Arrive in person. I though it was the worse Windows Phone but I kept hearing the love for the phone.
What made you think that? Compared to the LG Quantum on paper, I would've at least assumed 2nd. In fact, though, I think it's one of the best, if not the best, designed Windows Phones thus far (even with the large amount of black area where the Windows key is that I pointed out a few times).

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
although i still believe the Focus to be the best WP7 device in the U.S., i have not heard any complaints about the Arrive from anyone whereas the Focus, even those on rev 1.3 have had some issues.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
although i still believe the Focus to be the best WP7 device in the U.S., but i have not heard any complaints about the Arrive from anyone whereas the Focus, even those on rev 1.3 have had some issues.
My only knock on the Arrive is the 3.6" screen. Don't know why they couldn't have stuck with the 3.8", like on the Surround, Trophy and Mozart (I think). Would have probably traded my Surround speaker for a keyboard, although I find the on-screen kb to work just fine.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My only knock on the Arrive is the 3.6" screen. Don't know why they couldn't have stuck with the 3.8", like on the Surround, Trophy and Mozart (I think). Would have probably traded my Surround speaker for a keyboard, although I find the on-screen kb to work just fine.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
what????????????? 3'6! wow. didn't even think HTC made those anymore. haha.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
all kinds of love for my Arrive! The only phone i wanted more was the Dell Venue Pro, and we all know how well those have worked out...

GenXCub

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
So I was on T-Mo, at one point I tried the HD7 not sure what it was but I didn't like it. I guess there were things on Android that I missed. I have since switched to Verizon. I started out with the iPhone 4, liked it but again missed things on Android. Went with the Charge. The phone is a Beast. But the 4G kills the phone so quickly so i am on 3G 99% of the time, so I have been lurking around on here and reading about WP7 after mango was announced. I decided to take a risk and get the trophy since it seemed that all I did on my phone was FB, twitter, and texting and the occasional apps. So I got the phone and not sure why but it seems totally different then when I had the HD7 I know it really isnt but I LOVE this phone. I am getting my mom to get a trophy as well. I think she will love how simple but so integrated. All I can say is this phone flies. When I go back to my charge to do something it is crazy how sluggish it really is. It almost drives me nuts. Glad to be here.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Focus since December and still can't put it down. I'm always just randomly picking it up, scrolling through some of the interface, and putting it back down. Half the time I use my phone, I'm not actually doing anything, I'm just mesmerizing myself with the beauty and flow of metro.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving my Arrive and I agree with the smaller screen sentiments. If I want a big screen I'll get on my laptop or desktop. And so what if it isn't dual-core and all those other fancy features people tout? I think these companies should work on making their phones last more than half a day with normal use on a single charge than worrying about beating hardware speed records.

Looking at just the specs you'd think these WP7 phones would be as fast or slower than the newest Android offerings but this sucker is quick! Not only that but the phone LASTS! I can't get over it. I'm going a whole day with a single charge. It's... amazing.

I will be honest, I didn't do a whole heck of a lot of research when I told my GF I wanted an Arrive for my bday. All I knew is that I was sick of Androids issues and wanted a phone with better battery life. This phone more than delivers on both fronts. I was happy with WM5(as limited as it was) and figured I'd give this a go. I'm here to stay.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Been on WP7 a week now and i it is awesome (HTC Arrive). Phone is awesome, powerful, and feature rich. Mango is bringing more, but stuff is so fast and so many links to do things. Post to facebook, or email somebody is easy. I don't mind not having a background available while I use the phone, why would we? Check the phone on the lock screen, you get to see your wallpaper non cluttered. I can't get over the BS reviews of WP7 "to simple". That is the most STUPID and retarded thing I have heard, if you BASH an OS for being simple and easy to use. Sorry, I guess WP7 should be complicated. Anyway, off that soapbox, love WP7 can't wait for Mango.

Yakolev

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Loving my Mozart more than any other phone I've had. It works so smooth, and I just like bragging to people about a phone nobody even knows, and then show them its awesome speed compared to their silly Blackberries or Androids.

Even better now with all those fancy new apps arriving.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had my hd7 since December

What I like:
- responsive GUI
- 16gb memory
- Facebook integration with people hub
- live tiles
- growing marketplace
- solid build
- fast processor
- nice large high res screen

What I don't like:
- speaker quality
- battery life
- some marketplace apps are laggy and need an overhaul
- music/videos app could use some more functionality
- could definitely use more customization
- browser: not that fast when loading full desktop pages, rendering issues, font adjustment needs to go
- lack of features and functionality found on android
- prices for apps and games should be cheaper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon