Time stamp issue on Samsung Focus

tvberkel#WP

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm new to Windows Phone, unlocking a Samsung Focus from Rogers and putting it onto Bell. The phone is sick, so far I'm loving it, but I have noticed that all my incoming texts are stamped two hours later than when I received them. Does anyone know a fix for this issue, or is it part of unlocking and moving carriers?

Thanks!

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Check the time zone in the settings, go to settings, and choose date and time. This will allow you to change the timezone, if it's set to automatically. Then that's the carrier's problem as the phone is pulling the time off the towers, if it's set to off, you can either set the correct time zone, (if needed) or turn it to on and it should work.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
This could also be due to reception. I have horrible service at my office and some texts I recieved may be a much as 4 hours off...

tvberkel#WP

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not a reception issue, the texts come in right away. The issue is cosmetic I am afraid. Say I send a text at 1:00pm, and my friend replies at 1:05. On my phone, the incoming text has a time of 3:05. Thankfully this does not throw off the ordering of the texts at all, but it would be nice to not have to do some quick mental checks before realizing what time a text was received at. Hopefully I'm not the only one having this issue with an unlocked phone!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not a reception issue, the texts come in right away. The issue is cosmetic I am afraid. Say I send a text at 1:00pm, and my friend replies at 1:05. On my phone, the incoming text has a time of 3:05. Thankfully this does not throw off the ordering of the texts at all, but it would be nice to not have to do some quick mental checks before realizing what time a text was received at. Hopefully I'm not the only one having this issue with an unlocked phone!
mine is unlocked and my sms come in with the correct time stamps.

lemme see if i can find 'diagnosis' code to type in to test it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes