07-21-2011 08:50 AM
93 1234
tools
    The Dude, where's my update app? shows the huge amount of 2 devices in my country. I guess it's only a matter of time before I find that other one /s

:)
    Well....the 2 devices that have that application installed and are broadcasting themselves with it ;)
    06-25-2011 05:15 PM
    The dude where's my update app shows about 105 users in my country. But there's another app called ...I'm a WP7! that shows the actual location of other WP7 uses near you. That's where I see 3 devices :D
    06-25-2011 05:52 PM
    Yah but those apps are always dependent on other people installing them. They can't show you phones if the app isn't installed on them.
    06-25-2011 06:33 PM
    I have yet to see someone with a WP7 device. I'm basically advertising this platform to everyone I know. I feel like lone ranger, but a unique one. ;-) I have the app "I'm a WP7", and I only see 3 in my area, which is weird cause I heard WP was selling well here.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express
    06-25-2011 06:36 PM
    What did you did? When my car broke down I was taking the bus and browsing some boards and some woman near to me had her eyes locked dead on my phone. Then she move and set next to me.

I freak out, I though she was gonna mugged me or something. My phone is sometimes and little too sexy.
    Started using everything... from ESPN ScoreCenter to Rowi. I even sent a twitter update from the photo app after sending an update just in case he used another smartphone. I used the back button like a mofo. Show him a little multitasking w/o Mango. He must of been saying "damn... that's a smooth phone". Ha.
    06-25-2011 08:44 PM
    Well....the 2 devices that have that application installed and are broadcasting themselves with it ;)
    With that app, if you zoom in enough on the map, you can actually see where their house might be. Luckily, most maps misplace my house, so I shouldn't be getting any break-ins for my Arrive... :o)
    06-25-2011 09:14 PM
    Same here, the app isn't accurate enough. Besides, the only other two users with the app are pretty far from me
    06-25-2011 09:49 PM
    Have 15 users within 15 miles of me in Florida, including three in my town. If you use your postal code instead of location, no risk of prowlers.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    06-25-2011 09:59 PM
    Just checked and now there's five users with the I'm a WP7 app in my city. Great!
    06-25-2011 10:19 PM
    No wai!!! I finally saw someone with a WP7 device, in my small town away from the "biggest little city" no less. It was at the little local auction here. She had an LG Quantum, pink on dark theme. I couldn't kinnear her though because my phone died (it lasted a day and a half, so it was definitely my fault :P). Also, I'm pretty sure, if I had, the people behind me would've thought I was a stalker or serial killer and it wouldn't have turned out too well... :ninja:
    07-09-2011 10:24 PM
    Yesterday it was Windows Phone extravaganza at my job, I saw the rare HTC surround and at one point there was a a Quatum owner on the right and a HD7 on my left. also it was the first time I saw a Windows Phone on the wild, another HD7 but that was a dude calling her date.

If only there where new phones this summer, things would have changed.
    07-10-2011 10:12 AM
    Starting to see other folks' facebook uploads with the "via Windows Phone" stamp. Nice to see.
    Winterfang likes this.
    07-10-2011 10:18 AM
    After playing a round of basketball with my friends, I whipped out my Focus to read a text. One of my friends recognized it as a Windows Phone and quickly proceeded to ask "does it lag or crash like on Android?" lol (he'd had an experience with Android before apparently) He said he wanted to buy one when he got the money. I suggested he wait till the holiday season for the better hardware.
    07-10-2011 01:39 PM
    I have seen a few:
    1. at movie theater (a row ahead of me)
    2. at a restaurant
    3. at Starbucks
    4. on FB (uploaded via Windows Phone)
    5. uncle asked me to help him set up email, since he noticed I had a WP7.

The first 3 I witnessed in Vegas. Would be cool to find out which cities WP7 is most popular at.
    Last edited by ninjaap; 07-10-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    07-10-2011 04:09 PM
    I finnaly saw a girl in BJ's with a Focus .. this is the first time I have seen someone else with a windows phone .. what was funny was she had the thing in her had the entire time she was in the store .. that is not what windows phone is all about ..
    07-10-2011 07:42 PM
    I finnaly saw a girl in BJ's with a Focus .. this is the first time I have seen someone else with a windows phone .. what was funny was she had the thing in her had the entire time she was in the store .. that is not what windows phone is all about ..
    Is pretty hard not to want to keep playing with your phone all the time.
    07-10-2011 08:04 PM
    At the supermarket you will see me holding my WP more than half the time, checking things off my shopping list, and reading an occasional text/email.

07-11-2011 07:54 AM
    man ive been spoting windows phone sints i got my first one 4 years ago :P (htc touch)

but i work for a cell company so im ALWAYS checking what type a phones people are using , bad habbit i guess. :P
    07-11-2011 08:06 AM
    At the supermarket you will see me holding my WP more than half the time, checking things off my shopping list, and reading an occasional text/email.

yep, same here. haven't bothered to write down a grocery list on paper since I got this phone.
    07-11-2011 08:55 AM
    This is a funny one. I had to take my daughter to the Apple store in Salem NH. the place is busy folks playing with all the computers and devices. so of course if took out my HTC HD7 and started flipping around "my own little show I do when I want show off the OS" and of course some people took notice and asked what is that? why it's WP7 ...Huh? I laugh and say it's MS new OS for Mobile... Oh that's it? I heard it sucked.. No wrong here try it... passed to this guy and he was like Oh nice.... then an apple sales guy came over to me and said you know this is an apple store we don't allow advertising other manufacturers products here . I wasn't I was using my device and was asked what it was... I smiled... My daughter said Must you always embarrassed me hahah yes!
    07-11-2011 09:07 AM
    Dude you got nuts!! couldn't you gotten arrested by the Apple police by that? :P
    07-11-2011 09:33 AM
    haven't personally seen another WP7 phone out in the wild yet (but i keep looking!). what I am getting tired of though is all the times that people see me using my DVP and are drawn in by the big bright screen and then what is the inevitable first question I am asked? "hey, is that an iPhone?" .... grrrrr....
    That's when you flip out that qwerty keyboard, and say Iphone who? BTW the Dell Venue Pro is probably the sexiest Windows phone available.

what's funny is that I notice I get a lot of double takes when people see my Focus. when i'm on the bus going to and coming from work, i'll notice quite a few eyes on my baby. today was one... he did the double take and then he just watched. of course i put on an extra show, so he could see how smooth wp7 was.

lol, you put on an extra show:)

*pause*
    This is a funny one. I had to take my daughter to the Apple store in Salem NH. the place is busy folks playing with all the computers and devices. so of course if took out my HTC HD7 and started flipping around "my own little show I do when I want show off the OS" and of course some people took notice and asked what is that? why it's WP7 ...Huh? I laugh and say it's MS new OS for Mobile... Oh that's it? I heard it sucked.. No wrong here try it... passed to this guy and he was like Oh nice.... then an apple sales guy came over to me and said you know this is an apple store we don't allow advertising other manufacturers products here . I wasn't I was using my device and was asked what it was... I smiled... My daughter said Must you always embarrassed me hahah yes!
    lol, funny stuff man. Apple employee was going to call up big daddy Steve Jobs on you.
    07-11-2011 11:41 AM
    That's when you flip out that qwerty keyboard, and say Iphone who? BTW the Dell Venue Pro is probably the sexiest Windows phone available.
    Heh... Sliding out that keyboard has brought a few conversations to a standstill for me in recent weeks. "What's that? An iPhone?" ... "No, this is a Windows Phone." ... "Oh, well, I need a phone with a keyboard like my <insert name of random 'droid phone here...> because I don't like those onscreen keyboards." ... *flips DVP keyboard out* ... "ooooh..." *begins actually looking at phone screen and features* ...

...and suddenly, another mindless drone discovers that WP7 might just be an option worth considering after all.
    07-11-2011 02:54 PM
    The hot girl that works in front of me makes cup cakes, so I asked her for her work email because I had a possible celebration coming out. I flip out one note and I asked her, her email.

She asked me to type it herself because she has never used a Windows Phone. She has having a little too much fun with the clicky sound the softkeyboard makes. Then we started to have fun leaving messages on the note. Is a pretty cool feature.

That being say, there's no way in "heck" that she will get a Windows Phone. She is apple to the core.
    Last edited by Winterfang; 07-11-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    07-11-2011 08:51 PM
    The hot girl that works in front of me makes cup cakes, so I asked her for her work email because I had a possible celebration coming out. I flip out one note and she asked her, her email.

She asked me to type it herself because she has never used a Windows Phone. She has having a little too much fun with the clicky sound the softkeyboard makes. Then we started to have fun leaving messages on the note. Is a pretty cool feature.

That being say, there's no way in **** that she will get a Windows Phone. She is apple to the core.
    Yes but you planted a seed and seeds take in-time
    07-11-2011 09:25 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD