Would anyone else like to see RTM's integrate the Blackberry style notification light into WP7 handsets? I love the feature and find it extremely handy, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think.
    08-14-2011 05:33 PM
    Here here! I would love to see this!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    08-14-2011 05:59 PM
    I would love it also. Overall the notifications on WP7 aren't near as good as Android. They are better than iPhone for now.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    08-14-2011 06:05 PM
    Would love for that feature to be added on to my WP7 device. I miss my Nokia for that single feature!
    08-14-2011 06:14 PM
    Would love for that feature to be added on to my WP7 device. I miss my Nokia for that single feature!
    Yup. Ditto.

Considering the natural enterprise alignment of WP7, kinda surprising they neglected LED notification.
    08-14-2011 06:53 PM
    I hope that in the next generation of WP7 hardware, we start seeing some notification lights. It's not a very hard thing to integrate, but it makes a huge difference for the user.
    08-14-2011 07:03 PM
    Yeah, I was a blackberry user and thats the only thing I miss about that phone.
    08-14-2011 07:57 PM
    I would love to have it as an option but I wouldn't like it to be forced on all the time. The blinking lights can get annoying at times.
    08-14-2011 08:54 PM
    I'm fine without it. Every time I change phones I give up features for others. When I first got my BlackBerry I was annoyed I couldn't enable my phone to beep every 5 minutes when I got a new text or voicemail (like I did with my Razr). Eventually your usage changes and it doesn't become an issue.
    08-14-2011 08:58 PM
    Didn't a Mozart user said the LED changed colors when he had a Notification?
    08-14-2011 09:13 PM
    Coming from a Blackberry, this is one of the biggest things I miss. Is knowing that you have a notification without having to look at your phone. I would love to see this implemented, but I doubt we'll see it through.
    08-14-2011 09:51 PM
    Yeah, I was a blackberry user and thats the only thing I miss about that phone.
    My words exactly
    08-14-2011 10:50 PM
    My girlfriend has a blackberry and this is the only thing about her phone I'm jealous about.
    08-15-2011 02:05 AM
    My girlfriend has a blackberry and this is the only thing about her phone I'm jealous about.
    The notification light, and BBM are the two things I love about Blackberry's.
    08-15-2011 03:06 AM
    Oh yeah - when I first started up my WP7 and heard an incoming text sound, but didn't see an indicator I was pretty surprised. Every phone I've had in the past has had an indicator so it threw me off a little bit. It's cool not being bombarded with blinking lights when you haven't checked your phone, but there's definitely times it'd be nice to know when you have a new message without having to wake the phone. Interested to see if companies will implement this into future WP7 phones.
    08-15-2011 04:07 AM
    A great feature on my N900, They should just choose the charging light on the Mozart for it.
    08-15-2011 06:45 AM
    my hd7 has a notification light, it flashes green when i miss a call or a text, and it is orange when my battery is low, and red when my battery is dead

would like to customize it a little more
    08-15-2011 08:21 AM
    it could be cool , but i tend to Feel my phone vibrate or hear it ring.. lucky im not deaf or i dont have: Hereditary Sensory Autonomic Neuropathy. ( disease preventing you from feeling *your phone vibrate* )

and its in my pocket , so the light wouldn’t really help... personally i dont care much for it.
    08-15-2011 08:45 AM
    Didn't a Mozart user said the LED changed colors when he had a Notification?
    Havn't noticed any of this, but I'm about to check the settings right now.

Edit: Only if you have missed a call it notifies you, but as I never get called anyway, it doesn't really have any use for me.

I'd love it to work for text messages and IM+
    08-15-2011 09:34 AM
    it could be cool , but i tend to Feel my phone vibrate or hear it ring.. lucky im not deaf or i dont have: Hereditary Sensory Autonomic Neuropathy. ( disease preventing you from feeling *your phone vibrate* )

and its in my pocket , so the light wouldnt really help... personally i dont care much for it.
    I want the notification light for when the phone isn't in my pocket. For instance I have my phone sitting out on my desk, I get up to go do something else, and while I'm gone I receive a text, but I'm not within earshot of my phone. Then I return, not knowing that I received a text, and go about my usual business until I check my phone a few hours later. However if there was a notification light, I would know about that text as soon as I got back without having to wake up the phone.
    08-15-2011 12:53 PM
    My previous Nokia E72 had a notification light and it makes communications so much more smoother. I usually never feel my mobile vibrating even when its in my pocket, well most of the time when i'm out or busy.I hope it is also compatible with Nokia920 as well.
    If the windows sign could flash, just like N72 where it dims off and slowly glows up then that would be so cool.
    Could they just not make a small patch for this. Windows is notorious for windows updates.

Any WP reps reading this?
    03-13-2013 10:22 AM
    03-13-2013 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD