About the webOS users that are coming here...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a comment about the webOS users that have decided to migrate here.

They're pretty active! And they're cool.

No wonder webOS had such a loyal and consistent following. You guys were always there talking to each other.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just know that this is perhaps the most active WP7 community that I've found outside of XDA-Developers. But even here, it didn't seem all that active sometimes. But now, it's like a party!

MrMobile

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
We're definitely all coming from a very active community. Hopefully, whatever happens to webOS, we'll be able to bring a lot of that energy and activity over here. Seems like a friendly place, so far.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The more the merrier that's how it goes rite. We are always active in these forums but if you see a lul in the traffic you better check your friends list on XBOX we are probably all taking a CODMW2 or Black Opps break... ;)

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
as a PreCentral visitor and member myself I can say the same about you guys. I started looking through these forums and noticed how chilled out every one was. It's thee main reason I check this place religiously almost every day. The folks here at WPCentral have been nothing but inviting to the WoundedOS users like myself. Even the stories are frequent, showing promise, great information and the comments are not full of angry individuals. I personally want to say thanks to all the people around here for helping me with my questions and being patient and honest.

Garrett92C

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
We're definitely all coming from a very active community. Hopefully, whatever happens to webOS, we'll be able to bring a lot of that energy and activity over here. Seems like a friendly place, so far.

Agreed. The webOS community was probably the most active community I've been involved with.. lol

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I still enjoy visiting PreCentral for the latest updates and hopes for WebOS and see what people there are working on now :)

I used to visit Crackberry religiously and I was on constantly to enter in their frequent giveaways- They were active only due to volume of users, and the fact MANY needed help with optimizing the horrid OS at that time :p

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The more the merrier that's how it goes rite. We are always active in these forums but if you see a lul in the traffic you better check your friends list on XBOX we are probably all taking a CODMW2 or Black Opps break... ;)

I'm a PC gamer, no console for me, and waiting for BF3.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a comment about the webOS users that have decided to migrate here.

They're pretty active! And they're cool.

No wonder webOS had such a loyal and consistent following. You guys were always there talking to each other.

I for one am rather enjoying it here. It reminds me of the pre-launch days of the Pre. Lots of hope and positive comments. People are willing to help and are becoming more and more engaged. Precentral had some fascinating ups and downs. It was all excitement and positive stuff, followed by the launch in which we were inundated with new devotees but just as many trolls who came in to bash the device (mostly ifans). Once the trolls got bored it became a positive place of inovation and community. With every dissapointment though we gained more and more negative people, mostly former fans who were now acting like jilted lovers. It's almost so busy now that the sense of community is being overrun, I feel like I haven't had a voice there in forever, just one amongst the many.

Not sure about the other woundedOS (this cracked me up) refugees but for me, my mobile device is also my hobby. It's a hobby I can squeeze in between work and 2 young children. One of the best things about a good hobby is sharing it with others.

I am fortunate, my wife is somewhat of a gadget-head so I have someone to talk a little bit about this stuff with, but not nearly to the degree the folks on this forum are.

So anywho, horray for wpcentral, should be a fun ride.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a PC gamer, no console for me, and waiting for BF3.

Fellow PC Gamer here. I just don't enjoy consoles myself. Something awesome about keyboard in lap, hand on mouse, feet on desk, and fragging for hours on end.

Alas, my most recent game is Bioshock...1. My gaming years came to a halt when my son was born. I am hoping it will return when the kids are a little bit older, cause my goodness do I miss it!

So, next time you are playing a game...frag something for nyquistjack!

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my Pre+ and I was planning on getting the Pre 3. I bought a Samsung Focus from Ebay on Monday. I should get it today. I like webOS and WP7 but after being on this forum for the past couple of days, I'm starting to see some of the same negativity that I saw slowly creep into Precentral. That negativity is what kept me away from PC and what will keep me away from WPC. It's crazy that a site that used to be helpful to individuals turns into one that is hostile and not pleasant to visit. I hope that WPC doesn't become that way but from my outsider perspective, I'm seeing the same doom and gloom and negativity starting to creep in.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my Pre+ and I was planning on getting the Pre 3. I bought a Samsung Focus from Ebay on Monday. I should get it today. I like webOS and WP7 but after being on this forum for the past couple of days, I'm starting to see some of the same negativity that I saw slowly creep into Precentral. That negativity is what kept me away from PC and what will keep me away from WPC. It's crazy that a site that used to be helpful to individuals turns into one that is hostile and not pleasant to visit. I hope that WPC doesn't become that way but from my outsider perspective, I'm seeing the same doom and gloom and negativity starting to creep in.

I mentioned this in another post, I think in the thread that got you thinking the community is negative, but I just wanted to share my quick opinion.

Precentral did eventually get to be a constant "the sky is falling" (althought it did turn out chicken little was right this time). It got very exhausting. But so far, I really haven't seem much of that here. It feels much more like Precentral in the early days. With the Nokia deal and Mango coming, I believe there will be more good than bad ahead. Not to mention, with the influx of webOS people who are likely to be more concerned with learning and discussing their new OS and phones, at least for sometime the chatter will be more interesting and helpful and the sky is falling reteric should be kept at a minumum (I hope).

Then again...I'm a noob here...so I could bel completely wrong ;)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

hate to say it but Precentral brought over allot of negative Hate. and im not talking about every one , but we are already seeing aloe of hate post from people using the phone from less then 1 week or 2. or people that dont even have a WP yet. lol ( weird )

word to the wise ,

if your new . dont jump the guns on some topics cause MOST OF US have already been true every possible RENT / TOPIC /EMOTION ect… that WP7 can POSSIBLY CREAT!! lol ... so we are more then happy to help on question (even if its abotu an otehr OS lol ) . ..

we try to be nice and i want to keep it that way. So if you feel like you need to RENT its fine , just be Civil about it and not ****** Android central style whining . lol

now again, im not pointing fingers at any one , we just got to keep the HATE to a minimum 

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I simply won't allow it brow. Spirited debate is what forum life is all about just because someone doesn't like something or doesn't agree with an opinion that isn't negative. Its healthy for us to disagree with something that is how change is brought about. But if I see one person in here debating a topic that is not having fun... Well I just won't allow it... Point me at those perpetrators I will personaly make sure they are having fun.

IJS
:ninja: Dave

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps I just have thick skin, but I don't really notice the negativity at all.

I think it's a positive that people have varying opinions. It's a positive that there are things that people want improved.

Critiquing a product isn't really negativity to me.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've found this board to have the most laid-back users on any site I've seen. People here seem to be fans, not fanatics, of the platform. Very refreshing.

And oddly enough, the worst hostility I've ever received on a board was from some Android users... on Precentral.net.

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I remember Precentral when I finally found it a little while before the pre launched. It was great and I used to go all the time. That helpful attitude there is what I've found here as well. I get more info here than anywhere else, just like when I needed info and help for my pre I went to precentral and nowhere else.

Maybe we can convince the guys at webos internals to do some wp7 work on the side. They're work was amazing and much appreciated. I can't remember how many pre's I fixed with their info and not the internal help (or lack there of) from Sprint.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I remember Precentral when I finally found it a little while before the pre launched. It was great and I used to go all the time. That helpful attitude there is what I've found here as well. I get more info here than anywhere else, just like when I needed info and help for my pre I went to precentral and nowhere else.

Maybe we can convince the guys at webos internals to do some wp7 work on the side. They're work was amazing and much appreciated. I can't remember how many pre's I fixed with their info and not the internal help (or lack there of) from Sprint.

webos-internals is unique amongst technology hackers. A single unified community with the aim of simplistic non-technical hacking is just plain rare. And they are good at it. I really believe webOS would have died a quick death if not for them.

The hacking of Windows 7 is just confusing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes