Mango update help please!!!

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
NOTHING IS GOING RIGHT!!!!!!!!! =**(

I was just not meant to have this Mango thing I swear.

Ok, my question to anybody: Is there a way to force an update check ON YOUR PHONE? I know and have seen the force an update through Zune, I get that (that didn't even work for me though).

My question is, From the status on the phone itself, in the "Settings", then under the "system" menu, the "phone update"... where it specifically says "no update found"............... is there a way to change that, by forcing a update check on the phone itself?

I ask because, I DID indeed get the Mango update notification on my phone (HTC Arrive, Sprint) on the 27th, then I hard reset my phone (don't ask.... just don't ask... I know that was not necessary). Now, ever since the hard reset, I have no sign of an update available in sight.

Any help??? Thank you.

Until then..............

lekhwani

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
No way via phone. Force method available via zune only. Even in India on an AT&T unlocked phone I succeeded via force method. I bought focus a week back. It came with 7004. As soon as I started the phone there was an update notification for 7008.

After that I forced every update. First update notification took about 8 tries to flash on zune. Second took about 12-15 tries. Tried timings 1-6 seconds.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The force trick WILL work. Just keep trying. Change the timing everytime you haven't been successfull.. jUst keep trying. .believe me it will work.

Read the instruction again carefully

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, that's odd. Cause I basically did the same thing and it worked. I wanted to hard reset prior to updating to Mango (a clean install) so I checked for for the update first (normally) and it was was there. So I disconnected, did my hard reset, and then reconnected. Got the Mango, Mango beta cleanup, and HTC firmware updates, all without any tricks.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Wow! "jimski", I envy you!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! Why couldn't that have happened to me??? I just wanted a clean slate to work with on my phone, and so, like yourself, yes, I hard reset my phone. I can't believe the Mango update notice does not pop back up on my phone, nor is it recognizing through Zune.

I think I am going to go stand under a falling two ton boulder now.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon