Turn off typing suggestions?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So I turned off typing suggestions a long time ago. I just hate the room it takes up on the screen. Updated to mango and everything was peachy except my battery life was cut in half!

I tried EVERYTHING and somebody suggested to me resetting my phone. So I did. I got my phone all back up and running the way I like except for one thing.... TYPING SUGGESTIONS! Ugh!!!!

I hate this. And now for some reason I can't find where to turn it off! I have had it off with mango before resetting so the option has got to be around here somewhere!

HELP!!!

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
OMG I FOUND IT!
Windows Phone... you sneaky little doggy you!!!!

Here's how you do it... go to Settings > Keyboard > Typing Settings
Then at the top, it doesn't even look like a button or anything but it says "Keyboard: English tap here to change" (or whatever language you have) and I didn't even think to tap that because the previous screen (before you tap Typing Settings) has you choose what region / language you want to use.

So you tap there and PRESTO! You get LOTS of options for your keyboard that have nothing to do with changing the region / language like correcting misspelled words, suggesting text, capitalizing the first letter after a period... etc.

deepviolet16

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
i just made this account today to thank u,thank u very much,those typing suggestions seriously made me desperate,thank u very much,may god grant u happiness ^_^

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know about that either. I have a question though, is it possible to delete a single word from suggestions? For some reason it capitilizes every letter in "true".

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know about that either. I have a question though, is it possible to delete a single word from suggestions? For some reason it capitilizes every letter in "true".
Unfortunately, no. The only option is to reset all suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes