samsung focus going CRAZY with notifications`

gunboatd

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
this morning i was on a delivery run and while i was waiting at a vendor, i did some quick task management using Appamundi's Tasks app. as soon as i cleared some tasks, marking them complete, my phone starting ringing its notification chime. it's been ringing now for about 1 hour. when i turn it off and turn it back on, it starts ringing. when i uninstalled Tasks and restarted it kept ringing. when i started the video to try and capture the sound, it stopped, but when i stopped recording, it started ringing. it's constant.

i dont know if Tasks caused or if it was coincidence. but it's driving me crazy!

has anyone ever encountered this?

additional info:

when i mute it, it doesn't vibrate.

2nd update: it appears to have stopped. why? i have no idea.

3rd update: ITS BACK. it just started chiming. and now it's stuck between chimes and it's humming. perhaps it's a hardware issue.

4th update: as the battery wore down, i plugged it in and it made its little chime and then stopped. perhaps its possible there was a little water in the usb port (it's raining today) and that shorted out the contacts and caused it to continuously repeat the "i'm charging" chime.

Last edited:

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of whether Microsoft or Samsung is at fault for your issues, it proves that Apple's model of "full vertical integration" just works.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ive seen other people have this issu with SAMSUNG phones.

try doing a HARD reset if u dont mind losing ur info. seems to fix it.

Regardless of whether Microsoft or Samsung is at fault for your issues, it proves that Apple's model of "full vertical integration" just works.

i dont get how this has to do with apple? but ok... MS and apple are pretty much on par and honestly i find MS to be better. its 100% preference. they pretty much do the same thing ( if anything apple has less of a Intergration *specially with W8 comming)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I had a short incident pre mango with that and I turned the phone off pulled the battery and waited about 30 secs and put the battery back in and waited a while longer and turned it on havent had another incident since! Dont know what caused it but I hope it doesn't happen again. If it does i will work on figuring it out!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, I've had this happen to me a few times. Battery pull didn't help me. What I did to get it to stop beeping was hooking it up to my PC and did a sync with Zune. I don't know if that did it, or if it was just done beeping.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

What-You-Talkin-Bout-Willis.jpg

dgg4

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem twice in the year that I've owned a Samsung focus. Both times I wound up having to invoke the warranty and get a new one (refurbished) from AT&T. And yes, I tried all the fixes described above to no avail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon