how many member of your family or friends uses windows phone

Roadkillin

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I currently very happily use my current phone which is an android (Atrix 4G), but I am awaiting my HTC Surround I ordered to replace my old iPod. I had been planning on trying WP7 for a few weeks when my upgrade time comes in January, and look forward to learning the OS.

I think WP7 will do well as a media device for me, but I will have to see if it can replace the features I use with my droid.

I currently only have seen 1 person who owns a WP7 phone. My entire family are iPhone-fanatics (Only iPhone, only 2 macbooks in my extended family), which I had prior to this past January along with my wife.
I think many of my co-workers would be much better suited to WP7 than the iPhones they all mostly use (and I happily plan on trying to convert them). My wife will probably also like WP7 when she sees it in action, but she barely uses my previous android.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Just me, although Mom was a bit intrigued when I gave her a tour of my Trophy and what it can do. My Neice and Nephew both have iPhones.

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
just me and 3 of my friends. My family doesnt think they could understand a smartphone. Facebook and email are big enough steps for them.

I try to get others to check it out all the time but I'm met with instant resistance. No one even wants to take it for a spin.

My roommate is like "but my droid has dule core" and I reply, Its a PHONE, it shouldn't need it.

paoarchi15

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
just me at the moment. the rest of my family is using iPhone 4/4s.
From my own mom to his brothers/sisters to my cousin =/ although they are intrigued by the UI of WP so i might try to convert them someday :D

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just me. My mom liked my HD7 when I first got it. Then got an android phone for herself. Got my sister and niece iPhones. Got my two brothers androids. Gave me an iPod Touch. My dad prefers his feature phone. Friends of mine from Richmond and Chicago just got Android phones.

Moved and everyone here has iPhones and Android devices. I have never seen so many android devices just walking down the street before... I haven't seen one other WP yet, and no one seems interested in knowing about mine when I'm out using it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just me so far. I am the tech guy when it comes to family and friends too. However they all insist on android or iphone's. They all want me to fix their computers or help them set up their home netoworks or even their andrioid / iphone problems. They ask me first when it comes to what they should get when buying a new computer, tv, or any other kind of electronic except when it comes to phones.

It's usually something dumb like "But the iphone integrates with itunes! So that's why I have one." or "Android is what everybody else has so I want to get that."

ugh....

same here, im getting really upset with my sis and gf both going iphone by end of year :( feels like no one believes me and with the stunt Bell decided to pull off, i don't know what i should do

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I'm in a very different spot than everyone else.

Me
Girlfriend
Mother
Brother
Best friend
Three other friends
Four coworkers

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
None, all the executives at work are addicted to blackberry and all my family is on iPhones. They all come to me with computer issues but when it comes to phone I just say "I don't know iOS, sorry"

Feels kinda good to say that. I hate being the go-to guy.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Good Job!! Should we ask MS for a cut of their marketing budget? ;)

What MS need to do is stop relying on the fools at the ATT store and what not to act stupid when someone asks about WP and hire people like us to push the phones. I know all there is to know about my phone and the ATT people stand there and scratch their head if you ask them anything about WP. I for one would be more than happy to show people why they should come to WP instead of iPhone or Android. In fact, I do that now for free. I have gotten a few to actually consider it and at least two who are going to get one when the upgrades are here at the end of the year. I have sold one Titan, and one Focus S and don't get any compensation except for the satifaction of another couple converts.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What MS need to do is stop relying on the fools at the ATT store and what not to act stupid when someone asks about WP and hire people like us to push the phones. I know all there is to know about my phone and the ATT people stand there and scratch their head if you ask them anything about WP. I for one would be more than happy to show people why they should come to WP instead of iPhone or Android. In fact, I do that now for free. I have gotten a few to actually consider it and at least two who are going to get one when the upgrades are here at the end of the year. I have sold one Titan, and one Focus S and don't get any compensation except for the satifaction of another couple converts.

Well, probably depends on the ATT store. The larger one around here has a few decent people (at least not trying to steer people towards certain phones), and the Focus S is actually pretty close to the front (HD7S, slightly less close, all others near the backroom door!), but the Best Buy I went to recently (was really looking for a Focus S in stock at that point)... didn't know what a Focus S was (though were helpful in trying to locate on in their cabinet). At least they weren't bashing WP7, lol.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Im in a highly iPhone dominated area..I'll be at work and 5 people around me will pull out an iPhone. Everyone in my family has droids..
I don't know a single friend, family member, co-worker or person on the street that even knows Microsoft makes cell phones....I don't think Verizon knows it either.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I talked my sister into getting the Trophy. She isn't completely happy with WP, but she likes it a lot more now that Mango has been released. She's my only relative with a WP.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Just me.
BlackBerries are still dominant because large part of the population is still trapped in the BBM network. Other more tech savvy (and thick pocketed) cousins used iPhone, or Android.
Same with colleagues or friends, they usually use BB or Android (or both).

Can’t try to sell them WP either because there’s no marketplace or official support in this country.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon