WP7 saying my Windows Live password is incorrect, but it isn't..

killstr3ak

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
WP7 says my Windows Live password is wrong, but it isnt. Also, Gmail refuses to sync.

Hey all, I'm new here...and a new WP7 user, and (other than several syncing issues that are a big deal) I'm loving it.

I know my password isn't wrong, I am accessing my Windows Live account right now on my desktop. I have verified my account, email address, I even added my phone number to my Windows Live account, thinking that might help, CONFIRMED that as well... and my phone is still telling me that my password is incorrect. What gives?

Also, my Gmail account refuses to sync as well. It synced one time a few days ago, randomly..and now won't sync again. It's very irritating because all my contacts are backed up on my Gmail (I moved to WP7 from Android), so now I've had my Windows Phone for a week now, and STILL can't sync my contacts.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Try restarting your phone. If that didn't work, change your password. You should know that there is password limitations (on the length), so conciser that too. Tell us what you've done. ;)

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Goto hotmail.com I think it is and sign in, it should ask you to verify your account. This happens happens to me also sometimes, its purely. Security feature triggered by something I believe.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

dragonide

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I'm new here...and a new WP7 user, and (other than several syncing issues that are a big deal) I'm loving it.

I know my password isn't wrong, I am accessing my Windows Live account right now on my desktop. I have verified my account, email address, I even added my phone number to my Windows Live account, thinking that might help, CONFIRMED that as well... and my phone is still telling me that my password is incorrect. What gives?

Also, my Gmail account refuses to sync as well. It synced one time a few days ago, randomly..and now won't sync again. It's very irritating because all my contacts are backed up on my Gmail (I moved to WP7 from Android), so now I've had my Windows Phone for a week now, and STILL can't sync my contacts.

I solved this by changing password and then switching back to the old one.
Dunno what this does trigger ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes