the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Does WP allow you to take music easily from iTunes to your device? I am, and will continue to be an iTunes user, and do not really want to run a second piece (of MS) software just to get music to my phone. A Google search makes the process look like quite the pain?

Currently am a BB user and can just set my desktop manager to put whatever music I would like onto the device without much ado. Will I be able to continue doing this with WP?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Have to use Zune (PC) or WP Connector (Mac). I've used both, Zune is superior to iTunes in my opinion. WP Connector is essentially a piece of software that allows you to sync your Windows Phone with iTunes, since they are incompatible. You should try the appropriate one out before deciding you don't like it. Both are vastly superior to windows media player.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can continue to do that. You can sync all your iTunes songs to the phone, you just have to use Zune on a PC or the connector app on Mac. You just don't use iTunes to connect the phone directly. Just like with blackberry, you use that companies software to sync it.

Sent from my {Samsung Focus} using Board Express

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, it is appreciated.

So I just pull my selected music over to Zune, and go from there. The last post equating it to what I am already doing with BB made me think about this in a different (better) dimension.

Cheers

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

So I just pull my selected music over to Zune, and go from there. The last post equating it to what I am already doing with BB made me think about this in a different (better) dimension.

Cheers

When I put zune on my computer it found all music in the itunes library automatically. If it won't, you can tell zune where to look to find music.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Cheers

I was really surprised with how easily Zune installation was. It automatically pulled in all of my music except for a few songs that I'd stored in remote locations. However, I will warn you, it did take it a long time to pull them in. I actually thought the program was broken at first, but it turned out it was just too busy adding things. Now I have a new computer and won't even let iTunes (or anything with Quicktime) touch it. Zune just seems so much more fluid and eye-friendly.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Have to use Zune (PC) or WP Connector (Mac). I've used both, Zune is superior to iTunes in my opinion. WP Connector is essentially a piece of software that allows you to sync your Windows Phone with iTunes, since they are incompatible. You should try the appropriate one out before deciding you don't like it. Both are vastly superior to windows media player.

iTunes allows synching apps, doing full device backups, ebook synching, and outlook synching. It is also a way superior media player to Zune.

WMP is on par with iTunes. Devices thy support MTP can sync directly to WMP. WMP is superior to Zune as a media player. Zune is redundant and useless except for device management.

Don't know if you're truly serious.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
When moving over from iTunes to Zune I discovered I had 3G of duplicated music via the 'duplicates' filter. I'm looking forward to seeing further development on Zune. As N8ter has stated - there's room for improvement. :)

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's easier to use. The lack of features compared to WMP and iTunes leads to a more streamlined and to the point app. It does what it does fairly well, but it is not a replacement for those other apps if you require more than a basic media player.

WMP supports windows 7 libraries which makes it seem odd that Zune was even necessary in lieu of a WMP update. Maybe for backward compatibility reasons with older windows versions or to integrate deeper with Zune services without dealing with legacy code.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I've not used iTunes once since I got the Lumia, really love Zune, which is something I never, ever thought I would say.

If you're using iTunes to keep an iOS device synced then it can feel a bit wasteful having two programs installed. I would have dropped iTunes altogether but I can't due to having an iPad. It would be nice if there was cross device support but that's never going to happen.

I'm genuinely curious about the features that Zune lacks for people though, what is missing from it? I just use it to listen to music/podcasts and watch movies though so I can't say I've found anything lacking through that kind of use.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
^^ one slightly unrelated quibble: it's not possible to buy MV and TV shows (dunno about movies) from the WP7 device. Has to be done from Zune desktop client. It's one reason why almost all of my media purchases are still done on iTunes, since I can just order it from mobile device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes