WP7 - Skydrive - Live Mesh

Roger Huston

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I need help. I like Dropbox, I have been using it for a project and it just works.

However, I had this idea, that if I went the Live Mesh Route, it will Sync with SkyDrive and I can use my phone to view docs.

However, I ran into another MS'ism it doesn't work. Live Mesh keeps its documents in another place entirely on SkyDrive, in a place where the WP7 phone can't see.

You know, one day I wish I could go to Microsoft and take their right hand and introduce it to their left and have a big party!

- Roger

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree the Live Mesh should effectively offer the Dropbox experience.

I like Skydrive and it doesn't take a lot to upload the documents you need to access via the cloud, but it could be simpler. My biggest gripe at the moment is that sometimes, for no apparent reason, my documents are locked when I try to edit them on my WP....

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
You can acess Live Mesh synchronized storage @ devices.live.com

Windows 8 should bring some improvements with Skydrive, so be sure to check out the Consumer Preview later this month!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You can acess Live Mesh synchronized storage @ devices.live.com

Windows 8 should bring some improvements with Skydrive, so be sure to check out the Consumer Preview later this month!

Yeah, MS needs to make it more transparent how to get to devices.live.com because it's not something people would naturally think of. I have it bookmarked on my phone. Really they just need to update the skydrive app and Live Mesh so that the app sees everything.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
:straight: yesterday i sent feedback complaining about this issue why does it have to be two locations on skydrive i can't even move synced files to the main skydrive page if i upload them through live mesh

don't use live mesh just open your browser and login to skydrive or hotmail and drap and drop files you want to edit

everyone could help if you send feedback here https://feedback.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlfolders

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
They will be making big changes to skydrive up to windows 8 release, so expect some gret things.

For now yah the whole Mesh thing was pretty half thought out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes