04-07-2012 06:31 AM
26 12
tools
    With regard to email, that has been the weakest feature I've experienced on the HTC Trophy; sometimes new emails won't load without manually syncing the device. I've also had to manually delete emails in my Hotmail web browser and on the Trophy to get the email delivery working again. I'm not sure if the problems are a specific to my device issue (my problems have been with Hotmail, and I have 3 email accounts total loaded, along with my LinkedIn account), a Trophy issue, an HTC issue, or a Windows Phone issue. (It could also be a carrier issue, but I think that's less likely.). Besides the email issues, I really like the Windows Phone OS and think it is miles better than Blackberry 7 OS. (I also have a Blackberry Bold 9930, but I've only had that for a month and had it on an active phone line for 2 weeks.)

BTW, I also own a Blackberry PlayBook, and in comparing QNX to Windows Phone OS, I like WP better but like both of them a lot. My concerns with BB BBX/10 are 1) the possible lack of developer support for BB 10, especially with the partial, built-in support for Android (which I think will discourage native QNX/10 OS app development) and 2) RIM's continued problems with integrating BES into the PlayBook email client, which may foreshadow problems with integrating it into BB 10 and lead to a reduced email experience on BB 10 relative to BB 7 and earlier versions. Having said the above, the PlayBook does get LED notifications (in fact, I'm getting one as I type this :)).
    Last edited by CHIP72; 04-07-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    04-07-2012 06:31 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD