Email Live Tile Unread Count incorrect

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 4 mail accounts linked together. The live tile currently says "6", but i have over 30 unread messages.

any ideas?

The live tile count shows you how many emails you've received since you last entered the tile (Email hub), not how many are unread. i.e. it shows new emails, not necessarily unread emails. If you have 6 new emails and you enter your email hub without opening the emails, when you return to your home screen your email live tile will not have a number on it since it knows you were just in the email hub.

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The live tile count shows you how many emails you've received since you last entered the tile (Email hub), not how many are unread. i.e. it shows new emails, not necessarily unread emails. If you have 6 new emails and you enter your email hub without opening the emails, when you return to your home screen your email live tile will not have a number on it since it knows you were just in the email hub.

thanks. I thought that might be the answer.

maybe on some level that's better than having the constant big number there.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
thanks. I thought that might be the answer.

maybe on some level that's better than having the constant big number there.

yeah I would not want an unread count. A lot of times I will see emails I don't want to read right now...reminding me they are unread would do me no good.

with that said I noticed today when setting up a friends lumia from her Quantum when the email account setup and syncd it said 30 new emails, but on the Quantum the count was 4. It enumerated all of the unread emails as new again.

Chad Boyd

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
This is the single most annoying thing so far about this new phone. I can't just glance at it to see how many unread emails I have. I can't trust the tiles.

Sure, it will show me the 'unread' count, until I click on the tile. Then it resets to 0, even though there could still be dozens of unread emails in my inbox.

Most of the time, I don't have a minute or more to go in to the mail application and clear our all unread messages. I just need to know, at a glance, what's going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon