Microsoft lied!

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I get a server error from the link. Were you able to download it?
really? wierd, I'm just downloading right now, it seems ok... I'm running at 1.32MB/s, and now my comp is lagging like crazy lol (had to use usb wireless stick... its owning my cpu now =..=)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It must be something wrong at home. There are some other things I've tried to download at home but I can at work, same thing with the preview. I'm able to get to the download page here at work.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
My ISO download was interrupted, and the resume corrupted the file. So ran the Upgrade Assistant instead.

Eh... I upgraded my W7 just fine. Not any faster nor slower than before (actually I am due to format and re-install the OS, which was nice timing for this release). I haven't really used any of the metro apps, all my existing apps are still in the Desktop interface.

I have to say, my first impressions are that you really need a touch screen or a multitouch touch pad to enjoy W8. Using the touch pad or eraser mouse isn't that enjoyable. Actually it's still a bit frustrating right now.

I'm re downloading the ISO and will throw it on a usb drive and try a fresh install today, see if it's as fast as some say it should be.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I got it installed on my Acer Iconia Tab w500... And this is the OS that has made me use my little piece of tablet (which was a stupid buy when it had w7).

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have it installed on my 2009 Laptop. Hopefully the camera will work. I have thought about just installing Windows 7 back on it so that all the drivers work. So far this version is much better than the consumer version.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
horrible to use with a mouse...

I think it is going to flop when it comes to desktop users.

Awesome on a tablet I bet though

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
horrible to use with a mouse...

I think it is going to flop when it comes to desktop users.

Awesome on a tablet I bet though

I beg to differ. I don't find it horrible with a mouse. This version is much better. The last version was much worse. I just slide my mouse to the end of the screen and it scrolls for me :)

Hopefully with Windows 8, they will add multitouch gesters to the trackpad to make it more mouse/touch friendly without a touch screen. :)

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
ever get tired of trolling?

FTR anything you don't agree with =/= trolling....

You're just uptight and self indulgent.

It is not good with a mouse, it is awkward IMO ( orgot, people aren't entitled to that around here).

I said it would be good on a tablet. Go cry elsewhere

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes