Connect Window Phone to a Windows 8 PC

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a MacBook that I have installed Windows 8 release preview on and was wondering if there is a metro app I can use to manage my phone or if I am stuck with Zune.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a MacBook that I have installed Windows 8 release preview on and was wondering if there is a metro app I can use to manage my phone or if I am stuck with Zune.
As far as I can tell, you're stuck with Zune for the time being. Certainly the OS detected my phone just fine, but couldn't do anything with it without Zune.

It would be nice if the Windows Phone functionality was updated into the release preview at some stage; but there's a chance that it's something MS is saving for the full release of the OS.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That's what I figured. That's really frustrating. I wish they would release a Metro version of Zune at the very least so that you didn't have to switch to the desktop. Zune, control panel, and file manager are the only things I ever go to desktop for. No Zune and I will almost never have to use the desk top.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
not sure how they are going to manage it in the near future. Win8 rolls out before WP8...I'm assuming Zune will be killed prior to WP8 release too...maybe coinciding with the Win8 release. So then they would probably have to release a software update if Zune was no longer your WP gateway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon