Can I still recommend Windows Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
zzzzzzzz... Android has been the same story. Just about every update/upgrade they've announced, they say something about how they've improved speed/smoothness. Its all cash money in the beginning, then after a while, if you don't maintain it, it starts to freeze and crash. And please don't try to tell me that your Android has never froze or crashed, coz we know that's a flatout lie. Doesn't matter if I've never tried JB, I was only pointing out the new stuff have been on WP, that's all.

I'm definitely not an android ******, but I've been using an android phone for the past week and I haven't had it freeze or crash. I've used over a gig of data in that time period not counting the time I've been on WiFi at home. The only time I notice this phone not being smooth is when I pick up my WP.

Sent from my Rezound

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
your maturity and intellect is astounding

Well I'm at school so makes sense? I'm a social and music and tech addict so why would you care? Stop being a smartass. And be social like us wp fanboys and popular to talk to :-D. Helps a lot being friendly? Well my class is popular. Cause one of my class mates burns people's hair. And one of them throws knifes in class

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely not an android ******, but I've been using an android phone for the past week and I haven't had it freeze or crash. I've used over a gig of data in that time period not counting the time I've been on WiFi at home. The only time I notice this phone not being smooth is when I pick up my WP.

Sent from my Rezound
Yea da phone you have da rezound.with it's current android version. I tried it out it's smooth but not enough to beat wp8. Still can't believe they took a long time to fix it up it's speed

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I need to stay away from Android vs WP posts. I don't even know why I reply to such things. It doesn't do anyone any good. GAH!!!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You obviously haven't tried jelly bean then...

I'm using it on my galaxy nexus and it is so cash!

if most people that use android hate it social carpet, why is the market share continuing to skyrocket?

I'm intrigued by everyone's reason on this type of stuff...

I hear good things about Jelly Bean. I remain, as always, extremely skeptical of anything Android however. Unfortunately after being burned several times by Android bugginess and just being generally disgusted by the lack of rules in the UI, it's going to take something beyond amazing to convince me Android doesn't suck at this point. Jelly Bean sounds like Google is starting to care as much about quality as they do about the quantity of features and cores they can try to pack in.

To answer your question though, the reason Android's market share continues to grow is pretty simple.

t's not that hard to have your marketshare "skyrocket" when you give your OS away for free and the only viable competition you have is an OS that is only available in one expensive model of phone. It's not much of an accomplishment really. The fact that Apple has held on to as much marketshare as they have without whoring their OS out to anyone who wants to throw it on a Chinese piece of crap with marginal specs is far more impressive.

Here's what happened:

1.) Apple entered the market and had something amazing, like no one else out there. Everyone wanted it.

2.) Verizon saw how many customers they were losing to AT&T over it, but they couldn't do anything until AT&T's exclusive with Apple expired.

3.) Verizon took Google's Android OS which was kind of a crappy imitation of iOS that was just languishing because Google didn't promote it and they invented the "Droid" brand along with Motorola. Then they marketed the ever-loving crap out of it.

4.) Other OEMs knew they couldn't compete with Apple. Android was the ONLY other option, so they all jumped on board. It was pretty much the only choice they had.

5.) A few years later, you walk into any phone store and 80% of the phones are Android. Every major manufacturer except Apple, RIM and Nokia uses it and they have Android phones at every price point. You have to walk into the store and DEMAND an iPhone or WP7 or Blackberry not to wind up walking out with an Android. It is the default phone. 80% of the phones in the store. It's almost like a challenge not to get one. If you go into the store without knowing what you want, very good chance you're getting an Android.

Bottom line: Androids success has nothing to do with it's quality, in fact, up until very recently it was complete crap. Anything before Gingerbread is a joke and even Gingerbread sucks. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that it is the de facto "only game in town" aside from the iPhone. There are 100 models at every price point. There is practically no competition.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Rezound

It takes more than a week. My Android phone ran great for about 2-3 months before I really started to notice issues.

You'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon