I have a Lumia 710 and just installed my >46th application, and now I have alphabetic indexing that I can't get rid of for my application list. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.
    07-08-2012 08:52 AM
    Uninstall a few apps.
    07-08-2012 09:04 AM
    Uninstall a few apps.
    this.

theres no other way i'm afraid, but actually indexing is great, you can quick jump to any letter by touching one
    07-08-2012 10:28 AM
    Removing apps will work if you have Tango. On Mango devices you have to hard reset the device to remove the alphabetic index.
    07-08-2012 10:29 AM
    Last night it was indexing and when I removed apps it removed the index, but I woke up this morning to find the index back on my phone. I tried removing apps but it's still there unfortunately.. hard reset is the only solution? :(
    07-08-2012 11:04 AM
    Last night it was indexing and when I removed apps it removed the index, but I woke up this morning to find the index back on my phone. I tried removing apps but it's still there unfortunately.. hard reset is the only solution? :(
    Upgrade to Tango, then remove some apps (below 46 apps). But honestly, what is wrong with indexing?
    cedarlog likes this.
    07-10-2012 03:07 AM
    Upgrade to Tango, then remove some apps (below 46 apps). But honestly, what is wrong with indexing?
    It's the cross-over between it being on and off that I find annoying. If I have 46 apps I still find it quicker scrolling down the list than I do having to choose a letter and go from there. If I have 45 apps I don't have to choose a letter, and the list is effectively shorter, because it doesn't have the alphabetical placemarkers.

Now, if I had 100+ apps then I could see the benefit of indexing. But it should be an option. As I have never gone over 50 apps on my phone at any one time I find the indexing annoying, especially as I can't turn it off.
    Dimitri Stamatakis likes this.
    07-10-2012 05:02 AM
    indexing adds 26 un necessary icons to the list of 30 which means it takes a lot more swipes to get to settings for example. I dont need help with the alphabet, I am pretty cool with my ABC...to turn this raandom feature off would be more than useful.
    02-09-2013 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD