Holding a Windows Phone

f4jock

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about getting a Windows Phone 8, but I don't see how one can hold these WP phones comfortably without pushing at left one of the hard buttons on the right side. I have tried to hold one at the ATT store, but it seems difficult. Is this a problem for others? Thank you.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's less of an issue with a case. I'm currently using an Otterbox Commuter.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
For me, picking it up is actually harder than just holding it. The phone s bottom rest on my little finger with its lower right corner in the palm of the hand. The back of the phone rests on the remaining three fingers and the thumb is free for navigation :)

I never activate the camera by mistake, only the search get hit from time to time when I try to reach the top left of the screen.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The case I have makes it harder to accidentally press the buttons, but I don't recall having an issue before getting a case. I got the amzer case that came with a holster I don't use. I really like the case cause it doesn't add much size to the phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

f4jock

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I hold phones in my left hand, so I guess that will make it doubly difficult to not press hardware buttons accidentally, especially seeing that I don't like cases...concerned.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The camera software actually has an option that helps it detect accidental presses. It's the Search button that I often mash on my Titan... certainly negligible, since a quick back button press puts me back on track.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't really have too much of an issue with my HD7, although my only suggestion (on a whole) would be to disable the Bing button by default when you're on Xbox Live.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon