How do I keep all my apps after resetting my phone?

7inchesNBPEL

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I got banned from xbox live and made a new account. Found out there is no way to change your account on your phone unless you reset the phone, which I am assuming deletes EVERYTHING.

How do I keep all my contacts, apps, email accounts, and other settings stored?

I find it ridiculous you cant just sign out of your xbox account on the phone and change to a new one.

lumia 900

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I got banned from xbox live and made a new account. Found out there is no way to change your account on your phone unless you reset the phone, which I am assuming deletes EVERYTHING.

How do I keep all my contacts, apps, email accounts, and other settings stored?

I find it ridiculous you cant just sign out of your xbox account on the phone and change to a new one.

lumia 900

Your Xbox account is Microsoft Account. Your Hotmail is Microsoft Account. Every account using Microsoft service is a Microsoft Account. They are all one and the same thing now. So if your Microsoft account that you used for Xbox is banned and you used ofcourse the same Microsoft account for your phone, then if you delete it, everyone goes. Even apps. No way to bring them back.

However, you can import your contacts to your new Microsoft account and you can probably forward emails or link emails to this new Microsoft Account. Your phone settings and games and apps however are tied to one Microsoft account and CANNOT be transferred to your new Microsoft account.

7inchesNBPEL

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
forever, says 12/31/9999

Keep in mind I was banned on XBOX Live from actually playing on the console. Pretty dumb I have to redownload everything and lose all my text convos just because of Xbox Live.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes