WP7.8 - Clock no longer showing (fixed)

lycosman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.

So, I updated my phone (LG Optimus 7) to 7.8 a couple days ago (forced it with the Zune trick) and since then the clock no longer shows on the top right corner after unlock (screenshot). Windows Phone support team told me to restart and toggle the date+time settings, which I had already done as soon as I noticed the problem, but it didn't work. They suggested that I could restore and update again, but I would like to run out of options before losing all my texts and stuff (again).

Anyone else with the same problem? Can you think of any possible solution (the phone is rooted with WP Root Tools, in case there's any unofficial method)? Maybe editing some registry key?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Capture.jpg

Last edited:

lycosman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: WP7.8 - Clock no longer showing

So, I couldn't find anything about this issue anywhere. It seems that I was the only one having it, so I decided to do some digging on my own through the Registry and found a fix. In case anyone else comes across this problem, here's how to fix it:

In the Registry navigate to (using MFG, WT Root Tools or whatever):

Key: Local Machine\System\State\DateTime
Value name: ClockInvisibleOnSystemTray
Value type: DWord

For some reason this value was set on my phone to "1". All I had to do was change it to "0".

The clock appeared instantly, no need to reboot. But you do need Registry access, obviously.

I've attached a screenshot from the Registry key in which you can also see the clock back in place.

Screen Capture (1).jpg

Just the usual reminder: editing the registry can screw up the operating system. YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN AND I WON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY.

Also, sorry for the double post. Just wanted to bump up the thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes